Celebrity Solstice Drink Package Queries

We are 3 cruisers sailing 23 Dec next, in the one cabin. As part of our perks, we have 2 classic drinks packages; we'll buy a 3rd once on board.

Q1: When we're in a bar, can 1 person order a round of 3 drinks with the collective 3 sailing cards? I trust that each person doesn't have to individually go to the bar and order their own drink?

Q2: Does the 18% service charge apply to:

- each drink ordered on the 2 "perks" packages?

- each drink ordered on the 3rd drinks package we'll purchase on board?

Many thanks!

Phil

1. Yes, one person can take all three cards to the bar to order drinks and in many of the bars the bar waiters will come to you to take your orders and deliver your drinks.

2. The gratuity is built into the package so no extra charges when you order drinks with the included packages. However the 18% gratuity will be either be charged on top of the package price when you buy the extra package or they may just price it inclusive of the gratutity (not sure how they're doing the pricing onboard these days) - in either case you don't pay any extra when you order drinks. 

Also if you want to upgrade the packages you only pay the difference plus 18% gratuity on the difference. 

If you also want to upgrade to a premium you will need to pay the gratuities.

If you wish to purchase a drink that is on the premium package and you only have the classic you pay the difference and the gratuities.   For example I like an Aspen Coffee in the evening.  This contains Bailey's, and has a value of $1 more than is allowed on the Classic drink package.  So I sign a chit and $1.18 gets charged to my seapass.  
I could upgrade to a premium and not worry, but I don't drink that much out of the premium package to warrant it.

BTW you can purchase the drink package for the 3rd person before you board, Celebrity often has sales where you can get them for 20% off.

Check out your cruise planner as Celebrity are having for the next few days a pre-cruise sale for booked guests.   We were able to get a drinks package at 50% off - although it appears the discount varies from cruise to cruise.  I think there were also discounts to upgrade from a classic to a premium package.

Thank you very much OzKiwiJJ, Suzi66 & thistledoo for answering my queries plus more! Sincerely appreciated.

I'll  check out the current situation re current offers for the additional package plus for premium upgrade.

Thanks again everyone :classic_biggrin:.

Phil