Tiles

Lanson5

We were just on the Jan 3rd Bahama Westedam cruise and this being our second HAL cruise were invited to the Mariners reception. It was really pretty nice (anytime there's free champagne or bloody marys it's nice). We also recieved a couple ceramic tiles from our room steward. He told us we recieved them because we had sailed HAL before. My question is, everytime we sail HAL now will we get these tiles? Do they normally leave them in your stateroom on the final day of your cruise, or was this just a special treat?

Just curious.......:D

We also have a small collection of tiles....in fact, my coffee is sitting on one right now as I type. We don't have as many as KK but we're getting there. :) Looking forward to collecting our first set of Volendam tiles in just a little over a month. So far we've luckily always gotten our tiles on the ship but like that HAL will mail you tiles if they run out during a cruise.

That's what I'm using mine for as well. Sounds like KK could almost tile a wall..LOL We just thought it was a really nice thing for HAL to do, recognize their previous passengers. Was a pleasant and unexpected surprise and hopefully we can now start our own collection.:D

We received one on our very first cruise. Don't ask me how. :confused:

I have an uncle that cruises nothing but HAL. He has collected quite a many tiles in the past years. He has made several tables and trays out of them.

Question: We may cruise with HAL again. I know that being a Mariner, we will receive another tile, but will my children (we will be booking and paying for two more staterooms) receive them as well?

Question: We may cruise with HAL again. I know that being a Mariner, we will receive another tile, but will my children (we will be booking and paying for two more staterooms) receive them as well?

Your children should receive a tile (one each) if they have sailed on a HAL vessel before. The tile will be issued based on the info they put on the Immigration Form---there's a space for # of HAL cruises (I think; including the present one) and total # of days on HAL (including the present cruise).

Number of cruises/days on other Carnival-family ships do not count toward the HAL total.

We have never put our collection together but I just (for the first time) tried to organize ours. Found 26 and I think I have more in the garage. What I do have more than I wish to count is HAL bags. When the kids were home and we cruised together HAL would provide 4 bags per cruise. Now its one per cabin - period -. Therefore I have a fair amount of tiles and lots of HAL bags.

While geeking around on ebay the other day I found quite a few HAL mariner tiles for sale. If I recall correctly they weren't going for much - about $10?

Somehow that doesn't seem quite right to me. You have to earn the tile. Yes you do pay for the 2nd, 3rd, 15th, etc cruise, but still...

Archived