Edge Infinite Balcony Partition

jmkennett

My apologies if this has been answered.  Do the Infinite balconies have doors (partitions) that open in between the balconies "outside", as on most every other cruise ships?  Doesn't look like it.  If we have two cabins or a group of cabins, we like to have all the doors in between the balconies opened, so we can walk between the cabins, without having to go outside to the hallway.  I realize this one is different because outside can be inside and vice versa.   If not, then we obviously have to go with connecting cabins. 

In the connecting cabins, where is the connecting door?  Right next to the balcony, somewhere else in the room, or like it is on the S class ships (the vestibule)?  Thank you!

Man I hate to tell you this..... but infinite verandas are not really balconies.... the physical wall of the cabin goes all the way to the edge.... so to speak. At the end of the wall is a large window. When you press and hold a button the top half of the window can be lowered down to open up half of the window. So instead of going outside to experience the ocean... you open the entire cabin to the outside. Or there are folding doors that allow you to close off the small veranda. Now the aft cabins are different... they have more of a traditional layout with partitions... I do believe that these can be opened... but there aren't a lot of these in a row... and you would probably have to book these way in advance. The idea of Edge is to bring you closer to the ocean... so no curtains and minimal structure or color in the cabin to distract from the view. Not everyone will like  this porch like concept... but I am looking forward to less sun exposure while viewing the ocean

• Like 1

Thank you!  As cool as this new stateroom concept is, I would miss having the ability to open up the balconies when having a cabin next door with friends or family.  Sometimes we have three or four in a row.  We tend to sit out there a lot, especially in the Caribbean, and it's nice to have cocktail hour with everyone while watching a sail away.   While I have obviously not experienced these rooms, they seem a little closed in.  

We’re in one now. No connecting balcony doors, because they’re not balconies in the traditional

sense of the word. It would be hard to even lean far enough out on your balcony to look over and see the next balcony. That’s good and bad - very private but not fun if you have family next door that you like talking to from balcony to balcony. 

Edited by ohhbother