Feedback on Celebrity Excursion "Around the Isle of Spice" in Grenada

taylortime05

We are Reflection next week and I'm trying to finalize a few excursions.  Right now in Grenada I'm with private excursion JNJTOURS. 

I was looking at this excursion from ship "Around the Isle of Spice"  .  It's 8 hours so a long day, but looks like it could be interesting.  Is there any other fantastic excursion you'd recommend either from Celebrity or private?

The "Around the Isle of Spice"

Experience Grenada’s culture, natural beauty, views and traditions at top island attractions. Discover the origins of the spice trade at historic Dougaldston Estate, a village nutmeg cooperative and the role played by rum at an 18th century distillery. Dine on traditional cuisine at a working plantation with views of the lush grounds. After lunch, venture into the mountains to see the crater lake formed in an ancient volcano and rainforest cascades.

Highlights:
  • Discover how nutmeg, Grenada's most versatile spice, is used in a variety of products, from syrup to massage oil.
  • Visit the 18th century River Antoine Rum Distillery to discover some of the world's strongest rum - 75% alcohol.
  • Encounter Mona monkeys at Grand Etang National Park and take a scenic stroll through the lush gardens at Annandale Falls.

Appreciate your feedback. 

The "Around The Island of Spice" Sounds like a great tour. Our preference would be for a little shorter tour but that one sounds interesting.

When we last visited (on RCCL) we went on a rum tour. That was also very interesting. Not only did we visit current rum distilleries, we also visited some that had shut down. Our tour sounds like it might be incorporated into your tour.

It was particularly interesting to hear about the 1983 "invasion" (I prefer to call it a liberation) from the locals. All locals we heard from were supportive of it but I'm sure there were others. A SEAL I served with in Vietnam died there during the operation. The date (October 25) is celebrated as "Thanksgiving Day" locally.