Symphony out of Miami. Questions about disembarkation

cindivan

For those that have been lucky enough to sail out of Miami I was wondering if you could help with the following. 

Assuming all goes normal, what is the earliest they are letting (non-suite) passengers off with self-disembarkation?  

Were there lots of taxis or should we line up transportation?    We are a group of 17 but don’t mind splitting up if taxis are available.

TIA!

Edited by cindivan

Last Saturday the self-disembark window for Symphony at Miami was 6a - 8a. Exiting the terminal we were approached about six times by taxi drivers in the short walk to the parking garage, so by that experience it seems that there were lots of taxis.

We left our stateroom at 7:30 and were on the road by 8a.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I should have specified in my reply above that the 30 minutes after arrival assumes on time or after arrival. If you arrive early the disembarkation time will depend on port staff availability. 

So if the ship is scheduled to arrive at 6, theoretically we would be allowed to walk off at 6:30ish?    (We are good on our flights, but there are 17 of us, some of us scheduled earlier than others, and the later ones hope to get on standby on earlier flights so we thought we might as well all get off together).

Does anyone know if cabs will be readily available?  I would book transportation but I talked to two companies and neither want to arrive earlier than 7:30 and say if we book them earlier and are late we will be charged. I understand their point.  But I have also waited longer than I wanted to for a ride that I booked after we got off the ship because I was worried about taxi availability.  And this new port is a question for me.

9 hours ago, tahqa said:

Last Saturday the self-disembark window for Symphony at Miami was 6a - 8a. Exiting the terminal we were approached about six times by taxi drivers in the short walk to the parking garage, so by that experience it seems that there were lots of taxis.

That’s good to hear as when we disembarked on 11/9 there was one taxi ready and a long line forming.  People were getting very frustrated. Happy we didn’t have a real early flight 

9 hours ago, tahqa said:

Thanks - sorry I missed your reply before!  That makes it easy to not worry about pre-booking transportation.

Lots of taxis always waiting for customers at POM - there is a flat rate fare for taxis between POM and MIA airport of $27+ tip per taxi.  Uber and Lyft are also widely available with an average wait time of about 5 minutes.  UberX from POM to MIA will be closer to $20 and UberXL will be about the same as a taxi.

• Like 1