down loading the E tickets

newjoisey

44 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

On Saturday I'll see if they let me into the Platinum/Diamond/Suites queue without showing my ticket, but you're correct, they ordinarily ask at the entrance to the rope lines.

In addition to being asked to show the tickets  at the priority queue, we have been asked three times to show them at the check-in desk. That was twice in Brooklyn and once in Southampton.

43 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

Interestingly, the booking terms included with the ticket aren't quite the same as those at https://www.cunard.com/legal-information/. The other night I noticed one difference that many here would consider very important. 🙂

Any guesses?

I'm working from a bit of a disadvantage since I don't have a current e-ticket. But I do have one from this past June. I've noticed a number of differences when comparing the e-ticket to the longer US "legal information" passage contract in the past. The following differences may be the most interesting.

1) The cancellation penalties are different, most notably my June e-ticket showing old terms where there is no penalty for cancelling at least 91 days before sailing on shorter voyages and at least 121 days before sailing on longer voyages. Perhaps this is a moot point since one has to have made final payment to get the e-ticket.

2) My e-ticket from June makes no mention of how many bottles of alcohol one may bring on board while the other longer passage contract states the limit is "one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage."

3) My e-ticket from June states the corkage charge is $15 per bottle while the longer passage contract states the corkage charge is $20 per bottle (and the Cunard UK FAQ states the corkage charge is $25 per bottle).

How well did I do?

While we are on the subject of comparing passage contracts, I'm not sure how well known it is that there is another version of the US passage contract that can be retrieved within the US voyage personaliser from the page where you agree to the "Voyage Personaliser Terms and Conditions" whenever you log in to the US voyage personaliser. The URL for that version of the passage contract is https://vp.cunard.com/Documents/US Legal/Cunard N.A. Passage Contract.pdf but it looks like you must be logged in to the US voyage personaliser for that link to work.

Here is one of the paragraphs in this other version of the US passage contract concerning the alcohol policy that I find especially interesting. The emphasis in red is mine. This policy about inspecting luggage for alcohol is not enforced, but it's there in this version of the passage contract from the US voyage personaliser.

"Guests agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind on board for consumption except one bottle of wine or champagne per person of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage only in his/her carry-on luggage. A corkage fee of $20.00 U.S.D. per bottle (which is subject to change without notice) will be applied to wine and champagne brought aboard by You and consumed in the ship’s public areas. Any wine(s) or champagne(s) supplied by the Carrier to You as a gift are not subject to a corkage fee. At embarkation, all luggage is subject to scanning for suspected alcohol in excess of the one bottle policy as provided herein. Your luggage is subject to a secondary inspection by a security team operating under CCTV (closed circuit surveillance) or in the event Your luggage is locked, You may be notified and are required to attend the secondary inspection where any alcohol found in violation of the one bottle policy will be removed and discarded. Carrier shall not be responsible for any loss, cost, disappointment or damage of any kind as a result of any alcoholic beverages removed in violation of the one bottle policy. You agree to surrender alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship’s gift shop, or at ports of call, to Carrier, which will be delivered to Your stateroom on the last night of the voyage. Carrier reserves the right to remove alcohol at the gangway should it determine that the health, comfort, safety and enjoyment of Guests may otherwise be compromised."

54 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

I'm working from a bit of a disadvantage since I don't have a current e-ticket. But I do have one from this past June. I've noticed a number of differences...

1) The cancellation penalties are different, 

2) My e-ticket from June makes no mention of how many bottles of alcohol one may bring on board 

3) My e-ticket from June states the corkage charge is $15 per bottle while the longer passage contract states the corkage charge is $20 per bottle (and the Cunard UK FAQ states the corkage charge is $25 per bottle).

How well did I do?

1) The terms at cunard.com and the e-ticket terms both show penalties starting at 120 days.

2) I thought this was interesting. Although in writing they still limit alcohol to wine and champagne, there is no limit stated on the e-ticket.

3) Unfortunately, my e-ticket now says the corkage is $25, confirmed recently by others.

Concerning the printed out luggage tags -- how do any of your flying into the UK attach the tags once you have arrived?  I will not have access to either tape or stapler, and am meeting for a Cunard transfer, and am certain the paper tags must be attached when I hand over the luggage for the coach ride.  This is not a problem when I have sailed other lines, as they send their self-adhesive tags to me in the mail.  (And I have not sailed Cunard from overseas in a while.)  Does this mean lugging tape?

Remember the days of Cunard sending you a "leather" wallet with your cruise information and tags! 

I carry a small mini stapler and pre fold the luggage tags and then attach them after baggage pick up.  Takes about a minute to do.  I always put two tags on each bag ever since one tag came off and the bag delivery got delayed until late evening.

You're the first person I've heard who actually lost a tag. It's always been a worry of mine which is why I used to put a layer of tape on the outer surface.

A home-printed Cunard tag is 3 or 4 layers thick after it's been folded, so the staples each go thru 6-8 layers of paper. I wouldn't expect it to tear.