Forward Facing Hump Cabins - Too Windy?

AidenL

Hi all,

We are thinking about booking a Northern Europe / Russia cruise in August, just wondering if a forward facing cabin on the slope is very windy?

We have been in a rear facing one, and it was pleasant, but just think that there could be a lot of wind if the slope is going the opposite way - just thinking about sitting out there on sea days.

Any one have any experience or thoughts? 

I've sailed in a forward facing CS cabin.   Due to the fact that most of the deck is sheltered like a standard cabin there wasn't much more wind than in an aft facing cabin.   I would book it again anytime.    I prefer the forward facing cabin myself.

When sitting on the deck you are pretty well protected from any wind.

• Like 1

I have been in forward facing hump cabins on at least 5 cruises and have another one booked.  I thoroughly enjoy them and have not had an issue with the wind.  Especially, with the one we book having a veranda that is 3 times larger than the standard ones.  This provides a well protected covered area.

• Like 1

I'll echo the posts above.  We've had the first one off the hump on Solstice both in front and in back of the hump. The only time I found it windy was if I'd stick my head out over the railing.  I had my choice for 2021 and picked forward facing again. 

• Like 1