Tampa Car Rental

chrismch

Need to rent a car for a couple of days before cruising out of Tampa. Never cruised out of this port before. What rental companies offer service through the airport? Once I return the car, do any rental companies offer a shuttle service to the port? Or do I need to arrange my own transportation from the rental company to the cruise port? At the end of the cruise, I won't need a car but will need a shuttle for 2 to the airport. Would appreciate any and all suggestions.

Avis and Hertz have hotel locations very close to the port and will shuttle you; Enterprise also has an office in nearby Ybor City area and will shuttle to/from the port.  Unless something has changed none of the car rental agencies at TPA airport offer shuttles to the port; taxi between TPA and the port will run about $27+ or you can use UberX or standard Lyft for about $20

There are usually shuttles waiting for customers when you exit the port - fare to TPA is about $10+ per person; I would choose Uber or Lyft.  Your call.

6 hours ago, chrismch said:

Need to rent a car for a couple of days before cruising out of Tampa. Never cruised out of this port before. What rental companies offer service through the airport? Once I return the car, do any rental companies offer a shuttle service to the port? Or do I need to arrange my own transportation from the rental company to the cruise port? At the end of the cruise, I won't need a car but will need a shuttle for 2 to the airport. Would appreciate any and all suggestions.

We have had good luck with one-way rentals using Avis.  Rent at the airport and drop at the Avis office in the Embassy Suites near the port.  They have a free shuttle to/from the cruise port, but we just use a taxi because it's usually quicker.

I have booked through Enterprise on W.Kennedy Blvd. for my January cruise. They are going to pick me up at my hotel the morning I want my rental then, the morning I drop it off, they will shuttle me to the cruise port.

Check with the hotel that you are staying at, they may have a shuttle service to the port. I have picked up a Budget rental at the airport, then on the day of the cruise I return the car and call for the hotel free airport pickup. They will pick me up then later I catch their shuttle to the port.

At the end of the cruise just walk off the ship, once you are outside the terminal there will be people holding signs up for an $8.00 share shuttle ride to TPA, no reservations needed. We just did this in October.