A day post cruise Barcelona for large family

iana1212

We fly out of Barcelona at 17.45 so will have a few hours to fill after finishing our cruise. There will be 14 of us - 8 adults and 6 children between 3 and 6. As we will have our luggage it starts to get complicated - dropping luggage at a left luggage shop (getting to left luggage shop in the first place!), spending a few hours sightseeing then coordinating return to pick up transport to airport. tried a few transfer companies but they are all point a to point b which is fine if just want to get to the airport. Has anyone any suggestions?

I have no experience with them, but in my research of  past trip reports I've seen Barcelona Day Tours mentioned.  They'll pick you up at the port and do a city tour or day trip to Montserrat Monastery or elsewhere.

Have you looked at the Barcelona forum on tripadvisor?  If you're interested in DIY for the day, you could check out the Left Luggage or Luggage transfer services.  Or look there for tour choices.

Good luck.

Edited by mapleleaves

I'm actually using Barcelona day tours picking me up at my hotel on the day of my cruise with my luggage, touring montserrat on our own then they are dropping us off at ship. It's a half day tour (5 hours). Assuming that all get off at 8-9am, I believe you could have a day tour until 1-2, then head to airport. The way they explained it to me was the 5 hours was transport to and from montserrat. I'd contact them and see what they can do and also take a look at their website.  Another option is to go to airport and store bags then take taxi to where you may want to go, have lunch, go back to airport. It may be a cheaper option.  

Edited by jean87510

please don't rely on Barcelona Day Tours promise they will securely store your luggage whilst you tour

I had my rucksack containing my laptop stolen from the van whilst we were exploring Girona on one of their tours which ended with drop off at airport  

the driver expressed surprise that he was expected to look after our luggage left in his care!

On 12/17/2018 at 4:42 PM, fabnfortysomething said:

please don't rely on Barcelona Day Tours promise they will securely store your luggage whilst you tour

I had my rucksack containing my laptop stolen from the van whilst we were exploring Girona on one of their tours which ended with drop off at airport  

the driver expressed surprise that he was expected to look after our luggage left in his care!

Terrific. Looks like I'm canceling. Ty for the info.

Thanks for the feedback. I think we will end up renting a minivan and driver for the day. That way we won't have to organise 6 young children and deposit/pick up luggage answer and can go to the places we want to in our own time. I found a website that obtains quotes from a number of different operators and  cost is from 315€ to 515€ picking us up at 8 driving around the city and then taking us to airport midafternoon.