Shadowmeboy's "Bliss"ful Eastern Caribbean Pictorial Cruise Review

shadowmeboy

IMG_7737-L.jpg

We got the car loaded and started driving to Everett on Interstate 5

IMG_7738-L.jpg

A Boeing Plant at Boeing Field

IMG_7740-L.jpg

Boeing Airplanes lined up along the runway.

IMG_7741-L.jpg

Downtown Seattle

IMG_7742-L.jpg

IMG_7743-L.jpg

IMG_7746-L.jpg

driving through Downtown Seattle

IMG_7747-L.jpg

University District - Home of the University of Washington

IMG_7748-L.jpg

IMG_7749-L.jpg

IMG_7750-L.jpg

We met my parents at the Totem Restaurant in Everett. I am still pondering the saying on the sign. I am leaning towards homeless.

IMG_7751-L.jpg

Surprise, Surprise, Susan can't decide....

Finally, decisions are made, food is ordered, pictures from the cruise are looked at, and then the food finally comes!

IMG_7752-L.jpg

Dad got an omelet.

IMG_7753-L.jpg

I got chicken fried steak.

IMG_7754-L.jpg

Susan got eggs and chicken fried steak over biscuits.

IMG_7755-L.jpg

Mom got a waffle with strawberries and whipped cream.

We finished eating, gave hugs and kisses, got our Christmas presents from Mom and Dad, and headed towards the Mountains.

IMG_7810-L.jpg

IMG_7811-L.jpg

IMG_7813-L.jpg

IMG_7815-L.jpg

We got into Leavenworth, WA

IMG_7816-L.jpg

Leavenworth has a Bavarian Alps theme to its town, so all businesses have to conform, even McDonald's and Starbucks.

IMG_7817-L.jpg

IMG_7820-L.jpg

IMG_7822-L.jpg

IMG_7824-L.jpg

We finally got Wenatchee and needed to stop and get Milk and other items at Costco. 

• Like 2

Video I shot and forgot about from Teppanyaki.

Specialty Dining - We went to 4 Specialty Dining Restaurants plus the haven Restaurant. Here are my thoughts on each.

Teppanyaki

Atmosphere, food, and pacing were wonderful.

I personally did not care for some of the dishes, but I am not a huge fan of Asian food. The fried rice and the beef and seafood was plenty filling. Great overall experience.

Overall Grade - A

Q -

The Good - appetizers were amazing. Pulled Pork was excellent. Salmon was good. Cocktails were out of this world, especially the smoked peach margarita. Service was friendly. The live country music was awesome!

Susan holding her Smoked Peach Margarita and singing along!

The Ok - Desserts were ok. The Ribs and Sausage on the sampler platter were ok.

The Bad -  Pacing of the meal was horrible, 50 minutes to get entrees after the appetizers, and 10 minutes more for the sides. The Chicken and Brisket were dry and flavorless. 

Overall Grade - C-

La Cucina -

Great Service, decent pacing, and excellent food. Too many spicy items on the menu. Overall quality meal. Menu differs from past La Cucina menu's on other ships. 

Overall grade - B+

Los Lobos -

Wow! What a great concept. Great food and taste. Excellent service and pacing. Huge portions. We were stuffed and didn't even eat everything. 

Overall grade - A+

The Haven Restaurant -

Thank you Trace and Maria and Pamela for making these two visits happen! The food was excellent. Service was fine, but a little slow according to Trace. The Pork Belly App was to die for! 

Overall grade - A

I want to thank you all for reading this review! I love sharing it with you and getting your responses.

If you liked any of the videos I included, please like them and maybe subscribe as well. I tend to post my videos first, before starting my review. Additionally, all my pictures get posted to https://shadowmeboy.smugmug.com/. Feel free to look around and view all my pictures.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 9:51 PM, Kiwis Afloat said:

I have just finished reading your entire review and I have thoroughly enjoyed it! Thank you for taking so much time to complete it. I will look out for your next one. 🙂

Thank you and I was glad to do it! Late June or Early July is when it will get started.

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:44 AM, luvcruzing said:

Great review, as always. Thank you. Happy New Year.

Thank you! Happy New Year to you as well!

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:38 AM, kelleyfarms said:

Thanks for the fantastic review.  Always do a great job and enjoy your great pictures.  Looking forward to our Panama 

Canal trip on the Bliss the end of March.  Hope you both have a very Happy New Year!!!   

John

Thank you! Enjoy your cruise through the Panama Canal, that is on our list to do but not feasible at this time.

Happy New years to you as well.

9 hours ago, deedle7544 said:

Great review!  And I love the WA pictures, I have a very good friend who lives in North Bend!

Thank you! I love showcasing Washington anytime I can.

5 hours ago, leonidt7 said:

Hi Matthew. There were fantastic days when I could enjoy every evening a new portion of your great review. It was almost like I got the second cruise looking on pictures of the places that we passed during that memorable week. And I was very sorry when it like in real cruise came to the last day. Thank you for all group activities that you've organized and I wish only the best to you and Susan in 2019.

Leo. 

Thank you for reliving it with me and enjoying. It was a pleasure to sail with you.  Happy New Year and here is to wishing you the best, as well, in 2019.

Matthew, I always love reading your reviews.  You did not disappoint!  Thank you for sharing.  

You live in such a beautiful part of the country.  Let me know if you have any questions about my little city since you'll be cruising out of here in June. 

Happy New Year. 

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 8:02 PM, SenatorsFan said:

Thanks again for this wonderful picture-filled review. I look forward to following along on the next one. Happy New year to you and Susan.

Heather

I will be glad to have you along!

Happy New Year!

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 8:10 PM, DeanDeeDee said:

What a trip from beginning to end!  Thank you, thank you!

Thank you! I am glad you enjoyed it!

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:54 AM, purpleally said:

Thank you a thousand times!  Love your reviews

Thank you for reading and enjoying!

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:23 AM, BalconyGal said:

Matthew, I always love reading your reviews.  You did not disappoint!  Thank you for sharing.  

You live in such a beautiful part of the country.  Let me know if you have any questions about my little city since you'll be cruising out of here in June. 

Happy New Year. 

Thank you! We are truly blessed to live in such a beautiful area and one of the few who can capture it to and from a cruise!

I will let you know if I have any questions. We have a plan. The thing I am most nervous about is heading into the city from the airport with our bags. We are flying into Newark (Nonstop redeye from Seattle on Alaska). The plan is to take the train into the city from the airport.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2018 at 11:47 AM, shadowmeboy said:

Thank you.

yes, you can use a Starbucks GC on board. I don’t know about the Escape. No, latitudes status does not give you a discount. You also cannot redeem Starbucks rewards onboard, but you do earn stars if you have a registered card.

Did you find the Starbucks prices on board higher then in the dry land starbucks?

I have been folllowing your review to get information about the Bliss.

Just caught the photos of your trip home. The scenery is quite different from the scenery you photographed in the Caribbean !

I also noticed that you will be taking a cruise from NYC in June.

I am a native New Yorker and am familiar with public transportation in the metropolitan area.

You may want to consider arranging for a town car driver (Carmel or dial7 car services come to mind ) or an Uber /Lyft to transport you from Newark into Manhattan.

Depending on the amount of luggage you will be taking, using the train into the City may be a bit daunting for visitors new to the area.

I hope that you plan to spend a day or two pre-cruise to enjoy NYC.

Sailing out of NY Harbor is something special. I know you will have great opportunities for taking photographs.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for another great review.  We’re on the Breakaway out of Miami in April and can’t wait.  We are renting a car at MIA when we return so I was happy to learn of the free shuttle to Miami airport.   

I hope you you enjoy your next cruise in June when you’ll be visiting my home state!

11 hours ago, 30palms said:

Thanks for another great review.  We’re on the Breakaway out of Miami in April and can’t wait.  We are renting a car at MIA when we return so I was happy to learn of the free shuttle to Miami airport.   

I hope you you enjoy your next cruise in June when you’ll be visiting my home state!

Just make sure your have your car reservation handy, the bus driver will want to check.  It does not matter how many people are in your group.

Also we sometimes rent a car in Orlando or FLL and drive down and return to MIA, if you choose to do that make sure to save your receipt as the bus driver will check that if you use the shuttle to go to the ship.

On 1/24/2019 at 4:04 PM, MJSailors said:

I have been folllowing your review to get information about the Bliss.

Just caught the photos of your trip home. The scenery is quite different from the scenery you photographed in the Caribbean !

I also noticed that you will be taking a cruise from NYC in June.

I am a native New Yorker and am familiar with public transportation in the metropolitan area.

You may want to consider arranging for a town car driver (Carmel or dial7 car services come to mind ) or an Uber /Lyft to transport you from Newark into Manhattan.

Depending on the amount of luggage you will be taking, using the train into the City may be a bit daunting for visitors new to the area.

I hope that you plan to spend a day or two pre-cruise to enjoy NYC.

Sailing out of NY Harbor is something special. I know you will have great opportunities for taking photographs.

Yes, the scenery is vastly different.

We are evaluating all options and figuring out which will be the best to get into the city. We have to fly a redeye due to leaving the day after Susan gets out of school. We will have some time post cruise.

I am definitely looking forward to sailing out of NYC, I hope the weather cooperates!