Shadowmeboy's "Bliss"ful Eastern Caribbean Pictorial Cruise Review

shadowmeboy

The weather in NYC at the end of June is usually good. It can be a bit warm and humid though. For photos of the harbor and Staue of Liberty ,starboard is where you want to be.

If the ship is leaving Pier 88, it takes some time to get near Ellis Island and the Statue. Standing on an open deck as the ship approaches and sails under the Verrazano Bridge is a great experience.

The beaches of Brooklyn ,including the Coney Island amusement area and Gateway National Park  ,can be seen on the port side after going under the bridge.

Enjoy planning your trip to the East Coast.

Pre-cruise planning is a part of the journey !

15 hours ago, 30palms said:

Thanks for another great review.  We’re on the Breakaway out of Miami in April and can’t wait.  We are renting a car at MIA when we return so I was happy to learn of the free shuttle to Miami airport.   

I hope you you enjoy your next cruise in June when you’ll be visiting my home state!

Your welcome, thank you for following along!

4 hours ago, tgloersen said:

Just make sure your have your car reservation handy, the bus driver will want to check.  It does not matter how many people are in your group.

Also we sometimes rent a car in Orlando or FLL and drive down and return to MIA, if you choose to do that make sure to save your receipt as the bus driver will check that if you use the shuttle to go to the ship.

Thanks for clarifying that Trace!

2 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Thank you so much for sharing your vacation with us.  I have enjoyed reading your previous trip reports and enjoyed this one just as much.  Looking forward to your next one.

Your welcome! Thank you for reading snd following along!

2 hours ago, MJSailors said:

The weather in NYC at the end of June is usually good. It can be a bit warm and humid though. For photos of the harbor and Staue of Liberty ,starboard is where you want to be.

If the ship is leaving Pier 88, it takes some time to get near Ellis Island and the Statue. Standing on an open deck as the ship approaches and sails under the Verrazano Bridge is a great experience.

The beaches of Brooklyn ,including the Coney Island amusement area and Gateway National Park  ,can be seen on the port side after going under the bridge.

Enjoy planning your trip to the East Coast.

Pre-cruise planning is a part of the journey !

Thank you for the advice. That follows what I was seeing based on the YouTube videos I have watched.

• 3 weeks later...
Just make sure your have your car reservation handy, the bus driver will want to check.  It does not matter how many people are in your group.

Also we sometimes rent a car in Orlando or FLL and drive down and return to MIA, if you choose to do that make sure to save your receipt as the bus driver will check that if you use the shuttle to go to the ship.

Thanks for the info. Can you please tell me where to find the shuttle and also if you know if National participates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, 30palms said:

Thanks for the info. Can you please tell me where to find the shuttle and also if you know if National participates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes National participates. The shuttle picked up closer to the doors of terminal c than terminal b

• Like 1

Hi Shadiwmeboy

I always enjoy your reviews, thanks for posting.

I remembered that you did a cabin crawl so came back to look for info.  Can you remember how long it took to view all the cabins excluding your lovely party at the end?  Trying to work out the timelines for our upcoming cruise.  I'm coordinating the cabin crawl and have never participated.  TIA

53 minutes ago, BlueLadyBlue said:

Hi Shadiwmeboy

I always enjoy your reviews, thanks for posting.

I remembered that you did a cabin crawl so came back to look for info.  Can you remember how long it took to view all the cabins excluding your lovely party at the end?  Trying to work out the timelines for our upcoming cruise.  I'm coordinating the cabin crawl and have never participated.  TIA

We started at 2pm, had 7 rooms, and it took about an hour and a half to reach the final room. We would have been faster but one room was in the Haven and we had to get special permission and only 1/2 the group could go in at a time. That slowed it down. Also, the Studio room, due to size, took a bit longer since you can only fit so many people in a studio. 

I recommend making directions maps, like Trace did for ours, in case people get separated from the group. Also ask your room steward to borrow their door stop, so someone doesn't have to stand and hold the stateroom door open.

2 hours ago, kbklcamp said:

I was late to the party.  Thank you so much for another great review.  Did you tell us what you put in the gift bags? I didn't want to miss it.  

The small bags had ghirardelli chocolate and a small tip. The crew likes the tip, but often the chocolate is even more appealing. It’s just a small way to say thank you.

Hey all!

I have taken the trip and put it on YouTube, check it out if you would like. Links below:

Day 0 - travel to the Bliss - https://youtu.be/4jT72mw2zJ8

Day 1 part 1 - Embarkation - https://youtu.be/YljQj8WMvoc

Day 1 part 2 - Sail away - https://youtu.be/Ji4YChOgofA

Day 2 - Sea Day 1 - https://youtu.be/Jis0po1b4Hw

Day 3 - Sea Day 2 - https://youtu.be/vYQHQuOY2_c

Day 4 - St. Thomas - https://youtu.be/lOf1uv0LLGQ

Day 5 - Tortola - https://youtu.be/0fHQw0FIGI0

Day 6 - Sea Day 3 - https://youtu.be/u7PPKJj8pWk

Day 7 - Nassau - https://youtu.be/THKky62d9cY

Day 8 & 9 - Disembarkation, Miami, & travel home - https://youtu.be/mUih9R8kRdY

- Matthew

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

Ohhhh what a fun, sweet gift/game/surprise to give your wife! 🌟

I had just read a boring, snooty review on a different cruise line’s forum and needed a really fun blog to balance it out; I saw yours and knew it’d be just the right one! 😀  

Well thank you. 

We we try to enjoy ourselves and a have a good time. We are on vacation and try to remember that. Things can go wrong, but it’s all about the attitude you have. I am just happy to be on a cruise! 

On 3/13/2019 at 6:55 PM, shadowmeboy said:

Well thank you. 

We we try to enjoy ourselves and a have a good time. We are on vacation and try to remember that. Things can go wrong, but it’s all about the attitude you have. I am just happy to be on a cruise! 

Exactly, and your cheerful attitudes come through in all your blogs! Thank you for another great one; I just finished! 😀

• Thanks 1

This was an amazing review.  I wanna cruise/party with you guys!  :classic_biggrin:  You all look like so much fun.

LOVE the LCR get-together.  The largest game we've ever had was about 8 people.  

Thanks so much for sharing this.  I will be sure to look for your upcoming reports, as I really enjoy your style!

12 minutes ago, Prnsessmoi said:

This was an amazing review.  I wanna cruise/party with you guys!  :classic_biggrin:  You all look like so much fun.

LOVE the LCR get-together.  The largest game we've ever had was about 8 people.  

Thanks so much for sharing this.  I will be sure to look for your upcoming reports, as I really enjoy your style!

Thank you!

Post 1 has some of the older ones I have done. We are about 80 days from sailing the next one! I cannot wait!

Edited by shadowmeboy

• 4 months later...
On 12/15/2018 at 11:51 PM, shadowmeboy said:

IMG_6155-L.jpg

It was finally time to Muster. Our muster station was in Los Lobos. 

IMG_6156-L.jpg

IMG_6157-L.jpg

We had two kids across the table who were not paying attention to the muster drill and almost knocked the dinnerware under tablecloth over several times. the parent, who was two feet away, did nothing. After muster we snuck out onto the back deck from Los Lobos. 

IMG_6158-L.jpg

IMG_6160-L.jpg

loved the windows looking down on the ducktail.

Susan headed up to the stateroom to set up the camera for sail away on our balcony. I had an informal Cruise critic sail away event on the Waterfront, so I headed to Sugarcane.

Susan took a short video of the view from our balcony.

Wich deck with glassfloor?

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2018 at 9:56 AM, shadowmeboy said:

IMG_6474-L.jpg

IMG_6475-L.jpg

IMG_6477-L.jpg

IMG_6478-L.jpg

Trace was fascinated by the water cup. It looks like a red Solo cup, but is heavy like a regular glass. It was mind blown.

IMG_6479-L.jpg

The menu

We order drinks and food at 7:40 pm.

IMG_6480-L.jpg

IMG_6481-L.jpg

IMG_6482-L.jpg

We all had to try the Q specialty cocktail - the Smoked Peach Margarita.

IMG_6484-L.jpg

drink menu

Q%20photo-L.jpg

They came around and we got a group photo there at Q

Great group picture & love ❤️ all your photos.  Felt like I was cruising with you.  Thanks for the Bliss tour.  Will be on the Bliss 4/05/2020...can’t wait!!!

7 hours ago, Ozzieru1e said:

Great group picture & love ❤️ all your photos.  Felt like I was cruising with you.  Thanks for the Bliss tour.  Will be on the Bliss 4/05/2020...can’t wait!!!

You will get to see her again. I sail on her 9/22 to Alaska.