Equinox sailing question...

earltonharley

Hi All,

I am looking for some help with my booking on the Equinox in November 2019. Celebrity said it leaves out of Ft. Lauderdale but cruisers are saying Miami. We are traveling down by train and getting to Florida the day before sailing. I’d love to be in the right city to catch the ship. Any help would be appreciated. One other question, if I may, does any seasoned cruiser recommend a hotel/motel close to the cruise port?  Thank you. 

26 minutes ago, earltonharley said:

Hi All,

I am looking for some help with my booking on the Equinox in November 2019. Celebrity said it leaves out of Ft. Lauderdale but cruisers are saying Miami. 

Currently, Equinox is sailing out of Miami.  In November of 2019 Equinox is sailing out of FLL. 😊

52 minutes ago, earltonharley said:

Hi All,

I am looking for some help with my booking on the Equinox in November 2019. Celebrity said it leaves out of Ft. Lauderdale but cruisers are saying Miami. We are traveling down by train and getting to Florida the day before sailing. I’d love to be in the right city to catch the ship. Any help would be appreciated. One other question, if I may, does any seasoned cruiser recommend a hotel/motel close to the cruise port?  Thank you. 

We are booked on the Equinox on October 14, 2019 leaving out of FLL and are staying at our favorite Embassy Suites for two nights prior.  FYI - The FLL Boat Show is at the beginning of November and may present a problem with prices and availability if you are sailing then.  There are plenty of reasonable places to stay on the outskirts of FLL, especially if you are only coming in for a late overnight.   Good luck!

We absolutely loved Lago Mar in Ft Lauderdale, right on the beach ... but if you are only staying one night, the Embassy Suites would be my choice as well.  I think Lago Mar needs at least 2 nights to fully unwind and enjoy this most wonderful hotel.  

If you are going the extra day and want to go inexpensive, there are many hotels near the airport, which isn't very far from the port, where costs would be much less.  Take a peek at Trip Advisor to see which hotels in the area other cruisers prefer.  

We are booked at the Hampton Inn.  Free airport shuttle,  free breakfast.   Shuttle to port available.   Walking distance to shopping plaza and food places.  We usually stay at the Hampton when we sail out of Miami.  I hope the one in Ft Lauderdale is just as nice.