Early Flight Home From SJU

sarvis

Good morning,

I have not posted in a long time, however I do read and learn a lot from this board.

American Airlines just change our flight home from San Juan. They put us on a flight that leaves at 11:56 am. The ship docks arrives at 8 am. This is the best flight available. The next flight available is 2:28 and gets home at 10 PM. I would appreciate some advice.

Thank you, 

Sandy

7 minutes ago, sarvis said:

Good morning,

I have not posted in a long time, however I do read and learn a lot from this board.

American Airlines just change our flight home from San Juan. They put us on a flight that leaves at 11:56 am. The ship docks arrives at 8 am. This is the best flight available. The next flight available is 2:28 and gets home at 10 PM. I would appreciate some advice.

Thank you, 

Sandy

You should be fine. I've taken my time getting off the ship and still arrived at the airport and thru security before 10:30 am However when I was there over a week ago the port agents went on strike and caused a delay with disembarktion. That being said the strike was over before 11 am. So things can happen but under normal circumstances 11:56 am is very doable. Just remember to go thru the agricultural check before getting in line to check your bags w/ your airlines.

I've walked off ships in SJ, taxied to the airport, and been able to board a 10am flight.  As mentioned, it is necessary to get that agricultural eco stamp 1st thing after entering the airport.

Note that the earlier one arrives at SJU, the less crowded it can be.  It was relatively empty at 8am, in contrast to the zoo there from noon time on, when the vast majority of fliers arrive.