Shops on Celebrity Eclipse

JennAngel9

Does anyone know where I can find a complete list of shops on the Eclipse?

After years of trying to avoid shopping on board, I'm now doing packing for a Christmas cruise next week and wondering if I will be able to pick up some gifts on board for my kids.  I'm thinking like balls or puzzles or stuffed toys.  I'm not that picky.

12 hours ago, JennAngel9 said:

Does anyone know where I can find a complete list of shops on the Eclipse?

After years of trying to avoid shopping on board, I'm now doing packing for a Christmas cruise next week and wondering if I will be able to pick up some gifts on board for my kids.  I'm thinking like balls or puzzles or stuffed toys.  I'm not that picky.

We have cruised on Eclipse three times and their shop choices are limited. No specific toy shop but there is a shop which has some Celebrity stuff like teddies, key rings and  T shirts  which would be good small gifts for youngsters but not much else...Plenty of gifts for adults (cosmetics, jewellery and booze!). 

Most of the ports have tacky toys for sale perhaps you could grab a few bits at your first port of call....

I honestly would pack what you can. I don’t know the ages of your kids but things like sticker books, inflatable balls and card games like Happy Families don’t take up a lot of space....Another idea (which we used quite a bit when our son was younger) is to print off your own ‘vouchers’ and gift wrap them to give on the day. For example ‘This voucher is for a toy of your choice up to $20 on any of our port stops’ or ‘This voucher entitles you to download to your iPad a new game’....Somehow, when our son was younger he ‘valued’ these voucher gifts much more than us just saying we would treat him or handing over cash.

Just remember whatever you buy on the cruise you have to pack to bring home! 

Hope you have a great family cruise!

Edited by chemmo

Thanks Chemmo.  We are doing vouchers (or possibly neatly-printed post-it notes at this point!) for the grown-ups but I was thinking my 2 and 4 year old's aren't going to be able to grasp vouchers...now I'm reconsidering because I think allowing my 4yo to go to the store and pick something out... or even choose a cookie in Cafe Al Bacio would probably make her very happy.

Is there a way to get a decent number of chocolates for filling stockings other than raiding a housekeeping cart?

Edited by JennAngel9
typo

Two and four year olds can be harder but on the +ve side they are more easily impressed! A few lightweight wrapped items you bring with you plus Teddies and T shirts from the on board store should go down well.

Re the stockings, I honestly suggest having a chat with the M’D of Ocean view cafe...Tell him you wish to stuff a traditional stocking for your two tots and I am sure satsumas, a few nuts and chocolates will make their way to your room. Another alternative chat could be with your room attendant and see what he suggests....If you are in a suite you can request the butler or Michael’s host to help.

Whilst I am aware you are focusing on ensuring your little ones have happy cruise present memories remember the family time you are giving them is the most precious gift....

Again, sincere best wishes for a fantastic family cruise!

Edited by chemmo

On 12/19/2018 at 11:52 AM, chemmo said:

Two and four year olds can be harder but on the +ve side they are more easily impressed! A few lightweight wrapped items you bring with you plus Teddies and T shirts from the on board store should go down well.

Re the stockings, I honestly suggest having a chat with the M’D of Ocean view cafe...Tell him you wish to stuff a traditional stocking for your two tots and I am sure satsumas, a few nuts and chocolates will make their way to your room. Another alternative chat could be with your room attendant and see what he suggests....If you are in a suite you can request the butler or Michael’s host to help.

Whilst I am aware you are focusing on ensuring your little ones have happy cruise present memories remember the family time you are giving them is the most precious gift....

Again, sincere best wishes for a fantastic family cruise!

Thanks, wonderful advice and a good reminder as I fly around my house trying to think of a 1000 things to pack last minute. We are in a Suite (and also Elite) so I will see if we can just get them to pre-pay all our turndown chocolates for the week up front in the stockings!

21 hours ago, JennAngel9 said:

Thanks, wonderful advice and a good reminder as I fly around my house trying to think of a 1000 things to pack last minute. We are in a Suite (and also Elite) so I will see if we can just get them to pre-pay all our turndown chocolates for the week up front in the stockings!

We were on the Eclipse from Nov 10 to Dec 9 2018. I really liked one jacket they had in one of the Celebrity-branded stores, but it was only available in two very small or very large sizes. No evidence that they were restocking the stores. Don’t count on buying anything onboard, your idea of chocolate stocking stuffers is good.