Royal Changed Our Room Number???

migirl2014

We are on The Symphony of the Seas in March and I just noticed that our last few receipts show a different room two doors down from our original room. (same type of room as our original one that we chose). Has anyone else had that happen?

When I called Royal, the customer service rep couldn't tell me why our room was moved and why we were not notified other than the new room showed up on our receipt. Wondering if other things will get changed and just show up on our check in docs?

6 minutes ago, migirl2014 said:

We are on The Symphony of the Seas in March and I just noticed that our last few receipts show a different room two doors down from our original room. (same type of room as our original one that we chose). Has anyone else had that happen?

When I called Royal, the customer service rep couldn't tell me why our room was moved and why we were not notified other than the new room showed up on our receipt. Wondering if other things will get changed and just show up on our check in docs?

I liked your room better, so i called and offered to pay more for it...hence the new room number. Signed Pinnacle God! 😂

Just kidding! 

Was your room a connecting room or one with sleeper sofa?

Edited by mworkman
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, mworkman said:

Was your room a connecting room or one with sleeper sofa?

That's what I was thinking - someone else needed some specifici configuration, like connecting staterooms.

They changed our room on Harmony a couple of years ago. Exactly the same room category & further down the hallway, without giving me reason other than the automated "notification of change" email.

I contacted them and was told it was because "our original room required maintenance" (this was 2 months before the sailing mind)

Totally forgot to check onboard if anyone else was in our original room!

Be nice if they told you why they were changing it instead of just doing it

I don't think our original room was a connecting. It was room 12196 and they gave us now gave us  12200.I was thinking it might be due to others wanting to be near family. I probably wouldn't have minded so much if they had asked vs. Just change the room. I also find it ironic that I received a survey today! I have yet to fill it out but Ill be sure to share this situation. 

OP, if you had ordered anything for your stateroom or would be expecting a complimentary item to show up in your stateroom during the cruise, you may want to confirm your room number once on board with guest services, i.e., let them know you've been moved. I've seen several postings on CC that suggest after a stateroom change, the ordered items or gifts did not move with the change. Or, conversely, people have reported receiving comps that didn't belong to them, but rather to the "original" occupant of the stateroom. Hope it goes well for you and there are no other surprises, at least not negative ones.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We also sail on symphony in March.  We had to book 2 rooms - a grand suite and central park balcony room for my two teens since they did not have suites that sleep six at the time of our booking.  The agent couldn't find rooms that were directly across from each other (requirement if your under age children are booked in a separate room), so she booked my boys in a room diagonal from ours.  A week later, we received an email that the boys room had changed.  They changed the room to the one that is directly across from ours, which wasn't available when we booked.  I assumed they just switched my boys' room with someone else's as it is a requirement that their room be directly across from ours.  That could have happened to you?

• 2 months later...

Well I am scheduled for Allure of the Seas, departing on April 14th, and found out LAST WEEK that they were changing my room due to renovations being done on the room I booked.  When I booked the room I PAID for a large balcony room (185 sf room and 80 sf balcony).  They moved both my cabins into a 185 sf room with a 50 sf balcony.  The cost of this difference if I were to book a new cruise is $200.00, but they only offered me $100.00 on-board credit.  I have been trying to change this ever since.  I have expressed my dissatisfaction every time I have called, I have asked for a room of EQUAL value, not a downgrade and yet Royal Caribbean is not listening!  Today "Scott" at Royal Caribbean had the nerve to say "I agreed to the change", I agreed to nothingI  I was told that was what they were doing.  I did not have a choice.  I am beyond upset.  I know years ago Royal Caribbean tried to make their customers happy, what happened  - did they get to big to care?  All I asked was to be put in the same cabin class for the same price.  I wouldn't have been so upset had they put me in a cabin with a large balcony which is what I asked for when I booked the trip in October.

• Like 1