Considering booking my next cruise....is 7 nights TOO long...?

gozagswoohoo

Hello,

I see you are from Missouri, so not exactly close to any port. We are from Minnesota and I have always looked at 6-8 day cruises. We never do anything less. It comes down to having to pay to get there and feel that if we have to incur the flight cost it is better to do a longer cruise. I guess it comes down to what you enjoy. We try to book one with at least one sea day or two. We enjoy those days just to relax. We also only sail in Winter as we need to get away and get some sunshine and warmth 😅

We have only done 7, 9 & 10 day cruises and consider 7 to be the minimum.

That being said, we are booked on a 5 day to Cuba in May, as our good friends are going and talked us into it.  I am certain we will feel ill used when they have the nerve to make us leave the ship on the last morning!

But, no, 7 days is far from too long!

• Like 1

On 12/19/2018 at 6:13 PM, 77sue said:

7-8 days is just right.

The 4 and 5 day cruises seem to be over so fast. 

Geez, even a 7-day is over too fast!

I know people who do 14-nighters

and I've asked them What's it like?

They say the first week is to unwind -THEN you get to the good/second week!

Promenade-114.jpg

I won’t do anything under 5. I feel like you get on the ship and turn around and get off. When looking at 7 day cruises look closely at the ports and number of sea days. For me I love the ports. I live in Florida so sitting next to a pool all day long isn’t fun for me. So a 7 day with only 3 port days is not for me. But a 7 day with 4 or more ports I would love.  

We are going on our shortest one (6 nights) on Sunday.  We're not flying, so feel like it would be worth it. For me to factor in flying, it has to be at least a 7-day cruise.  Longest one I've done was a 24-night (two 12 nights back-to-back). It was awesome, but I felt like I needed a vacation from our vacation as it was a very port-intensive trip (Eastern and Western Med for my parents' 50th anniversary).  I could have stayed on longer, but I was getting a bit tired of the food... 😉

Like most others have said, 7 days is almost not long enough. We prefer 7-9 day sailings. We did a 5 day back in July and said never again. It seemed like we got off of the ship as soon as we got on it. It didn't last nearly long enough.