Cruising Allure before dry dock

rgd1213

I see that the March 2020 Allure cruises have been cancelled.  I read that Allure will be going into dry dock.  I am booked on the Allure a week before returning on March 1.  Should I be concerned about cruising the week before dry dock?  Would you switch?  Don’t want to get into a situation that some NCL cruisers had when the ship was being worked on during the cruise.  

I am not sure what they are planning to do during the dry dock. However, over the years on these boards I have read more stories of issues with cruises right after a dry docking where venues are still being worked than I have read with issues before a dry dock.

Historically, there will be setup for dry dock prior to the actual dry dock. I would not hesitate cruising before or after a dry dock (and we have because they are sometimes one-off repositioning cruises). And, with full knowledge of a dry dock, would not flame the cruise line for construction before or after. 

We were on the Adventures of the Seas out of San Juan in 2014.(think it was that year.) The sailing was the last scheduled sailing before dry dock. The boat experienced a propeller issue and we sailed Wed. Vs Sunday, lost several stops. I first learned about the issue on this website...called Royal and their customer service knew nothing.  Royal gave refunds on most of the cruise fare minus whatwe spent on drinks, Etc. $2500 credit voucher towards next cruise and bumped people to junior suites as MANY people left the cruise. I would not stay on a cruise that  has a boat going in dry dock after our sailing....it was not fun as we were lead to believe we would sail each day and the time kept getting moved out. The boat was also showing a lot of wear and tear on it.

We did feel that Royal tried to compensate us. Not sure what they would do now. That was our first cruise so their compensation allowed us to take our kids on a cruise the next year. Hoping new Royal Caribbean management would realize if they treat people well, that they'll keep coming back for years to come.

There was no problem on the Mariner this year as the last revenue cruise was Dubai to Barcelona.  She did take a nonrevenue TA and the work was done afterwards.  Originally we were scheduled on a revenue TA Barcelona to Miami, but that cruise was cancelled.  There are some NCL horror stories about the last  cruise before drydock, but as was mentioned the repositioning aspect attracts me to such cruises.