Price adjustment or cancel and book again

mcatmcat

Depends on how close you are to final pay (or past it) and if your deposit is refundable or non-refundable. Also, have to factor in if there is OBC from book on board or some other promotion.  Call and know what your bottom line is before you make any changes - that way no surprises 🙂

11 minutes ago, mcatmcat said:

Hi 😀

quick question my cruise is is cheaper now should I call to get the newest price or should I call to cancel and book again. 

Thank you 

If you are outside of final payment date, then call to get the price drop, don't cancel.

If you have not made final, just call and have them adjust the price.  I do this all the time.  In fact, did 2 on Freedom in 4 days!  Our 9/29 Freedom cruise for a balcony is now $1330 for a week!  That is insane.  A week cruise for this price is unheard of for 7 days.  Plus our favorite itinerary on top of it.  So excited to get a week cruise for this price.  I check prices daily as you never know when something is going to change.

1 hour ago, mcatmcat said:

Thank you everyone 

I have refundable deposit and I’m not even close to final payment date, they just updated my price. 

You can do it non refundable deposits also.  All of my cruises are non refundable and I get price adjustments any time the price goes down.  Glad you were able to get it for your cruise-check prices all the time! You never know when there will be a price break

Btw just be careful if you ask for a price adjustment and you have a refundable deposit. Mine was changed to NRD after 30 minutes on hold they had to cancel everything and provide me with a new reservation number. 

I wish they bring back the cancel button that was available online some years ago. 

1 minute ago, mcatmcat said:

Btw just be careful if you ask for a price adjustment and you have a refundable deposit. Mine was changed to NRD after 30 minutes on hold they had to cancel everything and provide me with a new reservation number. 

I wish they bring back the cancel button that was available online some years ago. 

You have to be very careful even when making a new booking. Their system automatically reverts to non-refundable.

21 hours ago, molly361 said:

You have to be very careful even when making a new booking. Their system automatically reverts to non-refundable.

I wonder how many people do the non refundable thinking it’s refundable, so many games I wish I can have an option to  only show one or the other

• Like 1

On 12/21/2018 at 4:50 PM, karena1 said:

If you have not made final, just call and have them adjust the price.  I do this all the time.  In fact, did 2 on Freedom in 4 days!  Our 9/29 Freedom cruise for a balcony is now $1330 for a week!  That is insane.  A week cruise for this price is unheard of for 7 days.  Plus our favorite itinerary on top of it.  So excited to get a week cruise for this price.  I check prices daily as you never know when something is going to change.

is this per person or for two?

On 12/21/2018 at 4:50 PM, karena1 said:

Our 9/29 Freedom cruise for a balcony is now $1330 for a week!  That is insane.  A week cruise for this price is unheard of for 7 days.  

$599pp balconies on the GGG flier is not uncommon for a low season sailing.

On 12/23/2018 at 5:31 PM, Biker19 said:

$599pp balconies on the GGG flier is not uncommon for a low season sailing.

And it went down again!  Our week is now $1240 for BOTH of us for our 9/29/19  Freedom.  I have never cruised in a balcony for a week for that price.  It is amazing.  This is the 3rd price drop on this ship in the last week in a half.  Totally excited.  That is why I watch prices pretty much every day.  Got drops on 3 other of my cruises yesterday also with the new sale going on.  Rest stayed the same or are higher, but I am happy with the price drops I got

9 hours ago, karena1 said:

Got drops on 3 other of my cruises yesterday also with the new sale going on.  Rest stayed the same or are higher, but I am happy with the price drops I got

One can assume that the drops were not due to the sale if your other cruises also didn't go down - very few times have "sales" had a meaningful drop in prices. Prices drop due to the sales dynamics (they are not selling) of that particular sailing.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

One can assume that the drops were not due to the sale if your other cruises also didn't go down - very few times have "sales" had a meaningful drop in prices. Prices drop due to the sales dynamics (they are not selling) of that particular sailing.

I watch prices daily. Could care less why they go down, will take anything I can get

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

For the long list of folks who think they are getting a deal due to a "Sale" understanding the why might be important.

Here it is.  I book our cruises WAY in advance.  Then I watch the prices.  Most of our cruises go up, but once in a while they go down.  Not rocket science, just watch prices and call if it goes down.  I am a TA and I book all my own and I watch prices for anyone that books with me and give them the price break if it happens.