Live from Grandeur of the Seas, Holiday Cruise

mspect462

17 minutes ago, do_not_spindle said:

Don't know about water 1st-hand [I bring reusable bottles, the filling of which is another issue entirely!] , but Baltimore does scan carry-on AND checked luggage (last cruise I erred in packing a permitted bottle of wine in a bag I checked at arrival, resulting in delayed delivery of that bag to our cabin and a polite gentle reminder to use carry-on next time).  Our travelling companions brought a 12-pack of small cans of coca-cola (for digestive relief) without any problems.  Bottled water in sealed containers *should* be OK; I'd call RCCL to verify if you can check the bag with the water  or need to carry it aboard.  

Back in January 2017 we wheeled an extra suitcase onboard with a case of water. Left it in South Pacific lounge with tag until rooms available.

We also bring refillable double wall stainless steel water bottles. We refill with clean cups of ice water. Not under spigot. No contamination.

A few years ago you could just slap a luggage tag on a case of water and drop off with luggage but leaking water causing damage to others suitcase put and end to that.

Things change. It might be different now. But I’m gonna try next cruise with wheeled on suitcase. Which is how I can get my bottles of Gin home duty free! Using same suitcase 🧳 

37 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

The new rule is 12 containers of half a liter each of non-alcoholic beverages per cabin, must be carried on by the passenger.

13 minutes ago, cementhands said:

Back in January 2017 we wheeled an extra suitcase onboard with a case of water. Left it in South Pacific lounge with tag until rooms available.

We also bring refillable double wall stainless steel water bottles. We refill with clean cups of ice water. Not under spigot. No contamination.

A few years ago you could just slap a luggage tag on a case of water and drop off with luggage but leaking water causing damage to others suitcase put and end to that.

Things change. It might be different now. But I’m gonna try next cruise with wheeled on suitcase. Which is how I can get my bottles of Gin home duty free! Using same suitcase 🧳 

New rules.  Enforced.

(I have also heard from reliable sources that they no longer permit the dropping of carry ons in the Lounge)

4 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

(I have also heard from reliable sources that they no longer permit the dropping of carry ons in the Lounge)

Can confirm.  On our 12/1 cruise, they were not checking carry-on bags in S.Pacific (or anyplace else). I had used it previously and specifically asked several cruise staff.  However, cabins were made accessible approx 1:00PM.  

4 minutes ago, do_not_spindle said:

Can confirm.  On our 12/1 cruise, they were not checking carry-on bags in S.Pacific (or anyplace else). I had used it previously and specifically asked several cruise staff.  However, cabins were made accessible approx 1:00PM.  

Standard time.  🙂

On 12/23/2018 at 2:56 PM, HardyVA said:

We are booked on Grandeur spring 2020.  I've had concerns about the gym.  My husband is one of those gym rats, me not as much.  What are the gym hours?  We are. We are not interested in the classes.  Did you use the jogging track?  How was that?  We have found on past cruises that the gym is busy the first day or two and then it tapers off.  

The fitness centers on Celebrity are like professional gyms...even better in some cases.  So this could make or break a cruise for us...especially since it's 12 nights.

Not much of a gym. Walking track is typical. Zumba in centrum is great when available.

4 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

The new rule is 12 containers of half a liter each of non-alcoholic beverages per cabin, must be carried on by the passenger.

Thankfully! 👏🏻 I have been trying to figure out where to find diet ginger ale near my pre-cruise hotels. We have a driver picking us up for this cruise in May, so at least we can hopefully beg a stop out of him!Don Quixote

Edited by 2Beeze