Which Terminal does O use at Port of Miami?

Blanq

My blue book arrived for my January cruise, but I can't find any reference to the port terminal. I looked at the port website and it appears that Terminal J may be the luxury/boutique terminal but it's undergoing a facelift and it looks as though Terminal B may be the back up. Can anyone confirm?

9 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

There isn’t a one size fits all answer to your question. Check the port authority’s website a few days prior and it will tell you. 

Thanks for the quick reply. I am booking an Everglades tour for the morning of our cruise, and they are asking for the hotel pickup point and the cruise drop off point for my reservation. I will just contract the excursion vendor closer to our trip with the port details then.

Edited by Blanq

10 minutes ago, Blanq said:

Thanks for the quick reply. I am booking an Everglades tour for the morning of our cruise, and they are asking for the hotel pickup point and the cruise drop off point for my reservation. I will just contract the excursion vendor closer to our trip with the port details then.

I believe that you may be overthinking this.  All of the Cruise Ship Terminals in Miami are on Dodge Island within a mile of one another.  For Drop off, I would just say "Port of Miami", until you know the terminal for sure.  

2 hours ago, Blanq said:

My blue book arrived for my January cruise, but I can't find any reference to the port terminal. I looked at the port website and it appears that Terminal J may be the luxury/boutique terminal but it's undergoing a facelift and it looks as though Terminal B may be the back up. Can anyone confirm?

Greetings

Most of the time Oceania uses Terminal J.  It may be undergoing a facelift but is still in use.  On busy winter days every terminal will be occupied.  Terminal J is on the south side all by itself.  But as stated earlier, all the terminals are close enough together that it should not be a problem.

Good Sailing

Tom

I posted this info elsewhere, but here it is again. Living on South Beach means I pass Dodge Island all the time. In the last two months, I've seen R and O ships docked on the main row there instead of at Terminal J. The most recent viewing was Monday, December 17th, where Insignia was berthed for the second time. We depart March 6th on Riviera. Maybe we will be back at J, maybe not. NCL is building a terminal at POM. That may have something to do with the current change of address. .

Mary

16 hours ago, warburg said:

I posted this info elsewhere, but here it is again. Living on South Beach means I pass Dodge Island all the time. In the last two months, I've seen R and O ships docked on the main row there instead of at Terminal J. The most recent viewing was Monday, December 17th, where Insignia was berthed for the second time. We depart March 6th on Riviera. Maybe we will be back at J, maybe not. NCL is building a terminal at POM. That may have something to do with the current change of address. .

Mary

Greetings

On the 17th both Insignia and Sirena were there at the same time.  Sirena was at Terminal J so Insignia was on the main row.  The new NCL teminal is an expansion of the Terminal B/C complex into 2 separate terminals capable of handling 2 large ships at the same time.

Good Sailing

Tom

Go to the Port of Miami’s website a couple days before sailing and the information will be there.

I always do this because there are times when the information O has provided has been incorrect. On a second note, I have found that the taxi drivers and tour operators always know where the ship will be. It’s their livelihood. I’ve had ships change port cities at the last moment and guess what? That tour operator was always on the new dock, in the new town, waiting for us. We’d just then have to decide how the move would impact our tour and adjust.

The  dock location will change   & will dock where ever the Harbour Master decides on that day

Usually they are  at Term J  but if other ships are scheduled that day there or as mentioned above  renovations happening  it can change

You could call the port in the morning before heading out (if you cannot see the ship from your hotel) or hope your driver  will know ..minor inconvenience if the ship is not at Term J

On 12/24/2018 at 8:36 AM, Blanq said:

The day we leave (Jan 26th) there are 7 ships scheduled at POM which Is a full house. I’m pretty certain we will be at J but will try and confirm that week. 

Steve

Greetings from South Beach, Everyone.  We sail on Riviera March 6th, so it was a surprise to receive the Blue Book yesterday with our completed luggage tags in its back pocket. I just love that feature. It is also cute that our stateroom is clearly marked on the deck map. I took a photo of the PRELIMINARY VACATION SUMMARY.  If the unexpected happens, it will be useful.

Although there is no designated terminal as yet, we will receive the info electronically 21 days prior to sailing. At POM, all the terminals are in the same area, and clearly marked. Finding your ship is will not be a problem. The tunnel to the port area has also improved the situation.

Mary

53 minutes ago, warburg said:

Greetings from South Beach, Everyone.  We sail on Riviera March 6th, so it was a surprise to receive the Blue Book yesterday with our completed luggage tags in its back pocket. I just love that feature. It is also cute that our stateroom is clearly marked on the deck map. I took a photo of the PRELIMINARY VACATION SUMMARY.  If the unexpected happens, it will be useful.

Are you saying you have never received  the Blue book before ???

Surely even in South Beach people get  the booklet :classic_huh:

Greetings

If you really just have to know for sure on embarkation day then surf over to the Port Miami webcam and you will see a nice real time feed from the port.  Below the feed is the marine traffic map which identifies each ship in port.

Good Sailing

Tom