Bottle water check in or carry on

usahawk1

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

San Pedro is probably the strictest Princess port in the US during the boarding process..

They will take all drinks carried on and rip open the packaging checking every bottle/can for alcohol, wine etc.

They don't actually open the drinks but they spend a lot of time checking.

I don't agree with this at all.  We always take a case of Costco water on cruises out of San Pedro and have never had any issues whether we carried it on or checked it with a porter.  This time, (December 2018) in addition to the water, my daughter brought a case of her pre-workout energy drinks.  No one said a word about anything and it went right through security.  The only thing they looked at was the wine.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, apeller said:

I don't agree with this at all.  We always take a case of Costco water on cruises out of San Pedro and have never had any issues whether we carried it on or checked it with a porter.  This time, (December 2018) in addition to the water, my daughter brought a case of her pre-workout energy drinks.  No one said a word about anything and it went right through security.  The only thing they looked at was the wine.

That’s great. I am giving my experience within the last few months. This has been our experience for the past couple of years. I can’t be there for every cruise and I doubt you can either.  

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

That’s great. I am giving my experience within the last few months. This has been our experience for the past couple of years. I can’t be there for every cruise and I doubt you can either.  

This is true.

Funny. I just ordered my case of water for my cabin for our Jan 17 cruise. It was only between $6.00-$7.00. Can't remember the exact amount. Works great. Will last me the whole cruise and I don't have to carry a big case of water to the ship. I have done this before. Much cheaper than buying it on the ship once you arrive. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LovetheSea said:

Funny. I just ordered my case of water for my cabin for our Jan 17 cruise. It was only between $6.00-$7.00. Can't remember the exact amount. Works great. Will last me the whole cruise and I don't have to carry a big case of water to the ship. I have done this before. Much cheaper than buying it on the ship once you arrive. 

A "Princess case" is 12 bottles, not 24 ...:classic_wink:

Go to your Personalizer

Look at the top of the main pages and select “”Onboard Reservations”

Select Beverage Packages (top left box)

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the section.

The bottled water packages will be there.