Beverage Package Free at Sea Question

Cheer Mom D

Hi Everyone, my family and I are going on the Escape in March.  We selected the Free Beverage Package, the Dining and the 3rd and 4th person free as our Free at Sea selections. My daughter is 19 and I was going to sign to give permission for her to drink while on board.  Will we be forced to pay for the Beverage Package for her? 

1 hour ago, mnventure said:

When guest 1 and 2 have the beverage package as a promo, they don’t make guests 3 or 4 buy any of the beverage packages (they can pay as they go or buy a package, their choice). 

This.  And buying that package is a bad financial decision.  Great when "free" + sc.  But not worth a 120 bucks a day.

Edited by Aesop081
addition

No need just order 4 drinks, we buy rounds, just Hand cards to waiter he will bring drinks, it’s no big deal, just don’t let daughter order by herself, I wouldn’t get permission either it will just highlight her age.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shout19661966 said:

I asked NCL this question on monday and was told no. But it depends on your reservation and what package you have. Best bet is to call NCL or your agent and have them ask.

No, don’t phone NCL. That can just cause confusion if they give an incorrect answer, which is fairly likely to happen.

There is no requirement for the other people in the cabin to buy the package if you have received it as a perk. That only applies when you purchase the package.

I would certainly sign the permission form for the 19 year old, as otherwise you run the risk of trouble if they are found to be drinking.

As the previous post said I would definitely sign for her drink as not to cause any problems. Please note that NCL will only allow your 19 year old to drink either beer or wine. They do not allow any liquor or cocktails. 

7 hours ago, Briji04 said:

. Please note that NCL will only allow your 19 year old to drink either beer or wine. They do not allow any liquor or cocktails. 

I know what you state is true!  BUT I  can't for the life of me understand why the type of drink makes a difference.  Alcohol is a chemical compound and doesn't care what flavour you mix it with.  Confusing.

Edited by Aesop081
spelling, made it English english

6 minutes ago, Aesop081 said:

I know what you state is true!  BUT I  can't for the life of me understand why the type of drink makes a difference.  Alcohol is a chemical compound and doesn't care what flavour you mix it with.  Confusing.

The same way that the human body doesn't react any differently if a person is 20 years-old, 11 months and 17 days or 21 years-old. :classic_biggrin:

Their ship, their rules. 

1 hour ago, Aesop081 said:

If your DD is going to drink a lot of beer and wine, look at the cost of the corks and caps package (just beer and wine) for her. 

• 3 weeks later...

looking at a cruise for march 2020 . i see the free at sea includes air credit. We are flying from Halifax NS Canada to miami . Our airport is not listed . we can get a charter to miami or dirct flight when we want to go Will they do a swap and give us free gratuities instead of the air credit. we will be booking 2 cabins adjoining   for my hubby and me and our daughter, son in law and grandaughter Just curious if anyone knows 

On 12/27/2018 at 8:43 AM, Briji04 said:

As the previous post said I would definitely sign for her drink as not to cause any problems. Please note that NCL will only allow your 19 year old to drink either beer or wine. They do not allow any liquor or cocktails. 

But keep in mind that if you are caught giving your daughter liquor or cocktails, you could be considered for discipline under the provisions of their policy.  Also, if you get caught purchasing your daughter drinks with your package, they can take your beverage package away.

Guests who violate any alcohol policy, including but not limited to underage drinking; providing alcohol to minors or young adults; possessing, concealing or attempting to conceal alcoholic items in their luggage, when boarding, or while on board; engaging in alcohol drinking games; or failing to consume alcohol responsibly, will be considered for discipline under the provisions of this policy.

36 minutes ago, NLH Arizona said:

But keep in mind that if you are caught giving your daughter liquor or cocktails, you could be considered for discipline under the provisions of their policy. 

Deleted. I misread the post.

Edited by KeithJenner

4 hours ago, frannie said:

looking at a cruise for march 2020 . i see the free at sea includes air credit. We are flying from Halifax NS Canada to miami . Our airport is not listed . we can get a charter to miami or dirct flight when we want to go Will they do a swap and give us free gratuities instead of the air credit. we will be booking 2 cabins adjoining   for my hubby and me and our daughter, son in law and grandaughter Just curious if anyone knows 

I would post this as a new thread, Fran.  Not under this thread, you might get more help from more people who have experience with the flight program.