Photo for Edge online checkin

msteries

System will not let me do online checkin without a photo against white backdrop, but no expanse of white anywhere in my house.  So going to UPS for a headshot.  Anyone know if I should leave my glasses on?  My old passport has me wearing them, but I gather that when I get a new one, rule is no glasses.  Have worn glasses for over 60 years, so pic of me without is strange...  resentful of the extra hassle as my experience is that picture-taking at checkin on the day usually took about 40 seconds!

The online check in seems to be all over the place. I just took a pic from my phone in front of our bedroom door and uploaded. Just had to make sure the resolution was 960x960 pixels.

*edited to add, this was check on for the Infinity

Edited by bhughey

I attempted to do the same for our 12/09 cruise on the Edge. First attempt was to scan the passport. My iphone appeared to take DH's passport photo/ID page, but the APP would not accept mine. I tried to load current pictures of each of us, but that element of the online check-in process disappeared for a few days, reappeared  and then totally went off to some distant planet. I attempted to call a human at Celebrity, but after a half hour on hold, gave up, knowing their IT system leaves one wondering how they survive. Nevertheless, I printed Xpasses for each of us. 

When we arrived at the  terminal and saw the new method of checking in passengers, I cringed. No desk, only a few people with ipads. The individual took our pictures ,collected the print-out of the signature page for the credit card, said  the APP wasn't working as planned, and told us to go onto the ship. Elite+ so we headed onto the ship, had  a few sips of bubble juice, and headed to deck 12 to meet our cabin stewardess, find our room key/sea pass and into the room to drop the carry-on items.

Mid-way through the cruise, after calling guest relations more frequently than necessary, they returned my call with a request to come to GR and provide my credit card info as it appeared to them that we were not registered to be on the ship!  Wow! Did than mean our bar bill went into cyber space? No, somehow the shore side [pier check-in] info, though confirmed multiple times on my home computer, never transferred to the ship. Guest relations confirmed that there are glitches with IT. 

So, don't worry about loading anything onto the APP. You can still hand in a printed copy of your sea pass a the terminal.

Darcy

I am trying to check in for an Edge sailing.  Wonder if that makes a difference.  Returned to Celebrity last year after sailing other lines for a number of years, and could not believe how screwed-up the Celebrity website is.  And they want everything on the Edge to use via phone or iPad?  

14 hours ago, msteries said:

I am trying to check in for an Edge sailing.  Wonder if that makes a difference.  Returned to Celebrity last year after sailing other lines for a number of years, and could not believe how screwed-up the Celebrity website is.  And they want everything on the Edge to use via phone or iPad?  

Phone or iPad?  Not really.  I would think they offer this as a convenience.  We did no bother synching our phones to the tech in the stateroom as the control pad that operates the temp settings also has a number of preset lighting modes and also operates the room darkening blind @ the balcony window. This proved rather handy, honestly.

I did 3 different pictures for 3 different cruises (trying to get a better one 🙂). I took my DH's pictures against the same wall each time. For the 3 cruises, facial recognition worked fine for me and I was waved through, though twice my DH had to go to another line because he wasn't recognized. It took about 1 minute more and he was through and joined me. It was very easy, even if you weren't recognized.

Interestingly, I had the same Amex card for my SeaPass charges listed for all 3 cruises. After the first two cruises, I had a fraud charge on my account and Amex texted me immediately. I called them and they canceled my card, though since I was traveling and couldn't get my new card immediately, they allowed me to continue using that card for chip and sign transactions only. When we boarded the 3rd time, I waited for the buzzer to go off and a  redirection to give them a new credit card number, but they let me board (I had told Amex that I was going back on a Celebrity cruise so thought maybe they approved it). I forgot all about it until I had the first charge on my SeaPass card and GS gave me a call that my card was refused.  I gave them a new card and all was well. It is weird that they didn't make sure that the credit cards were working before letting you board (and charge).