Would you take this upsell on the Regal?

hllwdcruiser

13 hours ago, arowe6 said:

Keep your aft and don’t even worry about the plumping stuff mentioned. 

Enjoy!

Andrew 🙂

You are too funny! :classic_biggrin: 

I decided not to tell my very close friends about your plumbing issue in their cabin - does that make me a bad person?:classic_unsure: They aren't on these boards....

8 hours ago, High Flyer said:

I'd stay put. I love the sound and view.  Plus with the money saved you could do the UBB and UBD twice. 

So true - I think the UBD is one of the best deals on the ship - great food, great service and an amazing experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hllwdcruiser said:

You are too funny! :classic_biggrin: 

I decided not to tell my very close friends about your plumbing issue in their cabin - does that make me a bad person?:classic_unsure: They aren't on these boards....

Not at all.... whatever issue there was I'm SURE it's fixed now. Have an amazing time! 

23 hours ago, Cinerama said:

We had a corner aft balcony on our last cruise. Very wide and quiet. The best balcony ever!

We took an upsell on the Regal 2 yrs ago to a mini. While the bit of extra room and small sofa were okay, it sure didn’t beat a larger balcony, especially in an aft location. On our two cruises thus year (Crown and CB) we had aft balconies. I would choose an aft balcony in a second over a mini, plus the balcony on the Regal mini was soooo disappointing. 

On 12/27/2018 at 9:53 PM, hllwdcruiser said:

You are right! At first I was just looking for cabin availability but when I looked at the fares for the minis they are going for about the same price we paid for our premium deluxe cabin. So the fact is if we did pay the additional $139 pp we would end up shelling out $280 more than someone booking a mini today at the current fares. It is very clear the number crunchers know what they are doing at Princess. Pretty slick.

Interesting note - here in South Florida the Premium Deluxe balconies are going for a few hundred more than the minis right now. If your spreadsheet is showing California fares they may differ from here.

Stay put but check to see if the price of your balcony has come down. Then have Princess adjust your balcony price to the new price. I’ve stayed in a balcony room with the larger balcony. I’ve stayed in a mini suite. I liked the larger balcony space. And since you’ve got friends with you you’ll have room for all of you to hang out on should you choose to do so. 

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:14 AM, long cruiser said:

What ever happed to upgrades forfree?

• Most upgrades are within a type of cabin. Princess is offering more upsells to get people to move to a different type of cabin, i.e., balcony to mini suite. We took an upsell from a balcony to a suite last year. But we got a free upgrade on our cruise this year, but just from a lower category of inside cabin to a higher one. It was great for us since we got it in time to pick a specific cabin that was available instead of having to take the one we were assigned.