Just booked Christmas 2019 Cruise!

Matlily

I just booked the Carnival Dream for a Christmas cruise out of Galveston 2019,  I have never cruised Christmas is it good? we just thought of getting away from it all, me and the hub.  I have also never cruised on the Dream so what can you tell me about her and should I have picked the 7 day vista instead of the 5 day Dream? is the Dream even based in Galveston all the reviews are New Orleans?

The Dream is moving to Galveston, though I am not sure of the date.

The Dream class is my favorite.  I have had the pleasure of sailing on her two sister ships, the Magic and the Breeze.  In my opinion Carnival hit it out of the park with the Dream class.

I have two thoughts.  Don't book a balcony on deck 6.  Deck 5 goes all the way around, which is delightful, but balcony cabins on deck 6 are directly above that promenade, which makes them not very private.

The Cloud 9 Spa on the Dream class is the best in the fleet, including the newer Vista class.  Even if you think you're not interested in the spa, check the spa cabins.  So quiet, so secluded, and so convenient to the Serenity deck, they come with unlimited access to the T-pool.  Amazing.

The cove balconies on deck 2, as long as you are in front of the mid-ship elevators, are also amazing.  I think they are the best bargain on any Carnival ship.

I think you made a great choice.  Happy sailing.

• Thanks 1

Just off Dream and stayed in Cove Balcony room 2366. Spacious, quiet, private, and very worth the upgrade from an interior stateroom. Have heard concerns about galley noises however we never had this problem in 7 days. If you hear anything at all that MIGHT be galley noise its a brief distant rumble... almost like a very distant thunderstorm. Loved this room.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bury me at sea said:

The Dream is moving to Galveston, though I am not sure of the date.

The Dream class is my favorite.  I have had the pleasure of sailing on her two sister ships, the Magic and the Breeze.  In my opinion Carnival hit it out of the park with the Dream class.

I have two thoughts.  Don't book a balcony on deck 6.  Deck 5 goes all the way around, which is delightful, but balcony cabins on deck 6 are directly above that promenade, which makes them not very private.

The Cloud 9 Spa on the Dream class is the best in the fleet, including the newer Vista class.  Even if you think you're not interested in the spa, check the spa cabins.  So quiet, so secluded, and so convenient to the Serenity deck, they come with unlimited access to the T-pool.  Amazing.

The cove balconies on deck 2, as long as you are in front of the mid-ship elevators, are also amazing.  I think they are the best bargain on any Carnival ship.

I think you made a great choice.  Happy sailing.

As this poster has stated and I agree.  One of my dislikes will be people throwing items down from their balconies to deck 5.  I have had ice and cigarette butts thrown down leaving and sitting in the BBQ area. People can be disgusting

Now the cove if you're looking for more privacy would be a good choice.  With any luck you wont get pot smokers  next to you. .

• Thanks 1

I would love to take a Christmas cruise one day! Good for you!

I agree with Bury Me At Sea- the Dream class are my favorite ships so far, although I'm trying the Vista for the first time in June, so who knows!

I think you'll love sailing out of Galveston- I've tried numerous East Coast ports (no west coast yet but that Hawaii or Alaska bucket list cruise is in my future) and I love Galveston the best... they sometimes have issues with weather depending on the time of year, but it's still my favorite.

• Thanks 1

I just got off the Freedom Christmas cruise yesterday. It was great! They had lots of little extras for the holiday. There will be an Ugly Sweater Contest on Christmas Eve, as well as a visit from Santa and some Christmas carol singing. There was a Christian service on Christmas Eve at 11pm in the theater. Christmas Day, they had elegant night in the MDR with a special Christmas menu. On the 26th, they had a Let It Snow event in the atrium with the kids and it snowed! There was also a special Christmas Show with the dancers and singers in the theater (I think that was the night of the 23rd). The ship is nicely decorated and LOTS of people had Christmas-themed attire to wear throughout the cruise. Our stops were Cozumel, Roaton, and Belize. We had a private tour guide in Roaton that I can highly recommend, if you're going there. Let me know if you have any questions!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1