Freedom of the Seas B2B Experience

Hi everyone, 

My family and I are thinking of doing a Freedom of the Seas Southern Caribbean B2B. We have never done a B2B and were curious for those who have experienced it, what was it like? Anything we should keep in mind?

Thanks for all the help!

-Ethan

We did a B2B on Freedom this past September. We didn't have to get off the ship on our turn around day...Immigration official came onboard to process the consecutive cruiser's. This was all very easy and you will attend a meeting the day before first leg of the cruise end  and given all the info you'll need. Enjoy...B2B's are wonderful.

Nice thing for us was keeping the same cabin.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ethanfite56 said:

Hi everyone, 

My family and I are thinking of doing a Freedom of the Seas Southern Caribbean B2B. We have never done a B2B and were curious for those who have experienced it, what was it like? Anything we should keep in mind?

Thanks for all the help!

-Ethan

Try to book far enough in advance so you can get the same stateroom for both cruises. Much nicer experience on turnaround day.

We love b2b cruises, especially if the itinerary changes each time.  I look for a transatlantic or a Panama Canal cruise, and then look for the cruise before / after.  Booking way in advance (9 - 12 months) gives you lower prices and a better cabin selection, as Bob said.

My signature says it all:

Jewel from San Diego to Miami to Rome to a bunch of Greek Islands to Rome. Followed by B2B2B2B Adventure Caribbean, repositioning to Cape Liberty, Bahamas, and then Canada and Nova Scotia

Edited by pcur

We also really like B2B cruises. We always book early to ensure we get the same cabin as others have mentioned. A must for us. That way there is no repacking and unpacking again. A day or two prior to your TAD you will receive instructions concerning the TAD procedures, where to meet, what to bring and the time. You will also be invited to a TAD meeting before the end of the first leg. The meeting isn't mandatory but an excellent meeting to attend especially if you've never done a B2B cruise. Another thing you may want to consider is going down to GS sometime during the first leg to ensure they have you listed as a consecutive (B2B) cruisers. Just remember each leg of your B2B cruise is considered two separate cruises. We're doing a B2B cruise on the Freedom March 2019. 

Edited by davekathy

• 3 weeks later...

We did a B2B on Allure with our two boys ages 8 and 10.  It was great.  I wondered if the kids would get burned out but they didn't.  I scheduled all our shore excursions ahead of time which helped us have the most relaxing and fun trip.  The shows on the ship were the same both weeks with the exception of the comedians so we worked them in around our port and excursion schedule and didn't feel the need to go to all the shows the first week.  The dinner menus are the same the second week so we ate less at dinner knowing that the options would be available to us again.   We were in the same room for both weeks, however, B2B guests that had to switch rooms were given the option of leaving all of their belongings in their previous room and having the stewards move their things to their new rooms for them.  They didn't even have to pack. The letter sent to B2B cruisers said to leave everything where it was and they would move it.  B2B is the best way to cruise.  I was skeptical but now that we tried it, I am sold.

We love B2B's, especially out of San Juan because those itineraries are so port intensive. We have done a couple on the Adventure and the Jewel. On our last B2B last year, we got off the ship, hit the big mall, did Cheesecake Factory and went to the movies. Kinda silly, but fun to talk to folks hanging out at the mall because they still were without power after Maria, and also a nice distraction from all the sunshine at the beach. We have experienced having the same cabin for both legs and having to move cabins. Way easier to stay in same cabin, but the RCI staff makes it super easy to move. Just packed loose stuff, able to leave clothes hanging on hangers, and they moved everything over. The only downside is that once you have done a B2B, it's tough to go back to just a week!! Enjoy. 

We love b2b cruising.  14 nights in 2017, 9 coming up next weekend, and 13 nights on a side by side this year.  We changed rooms in 2017 as well and they moved all our stuff for us including items hanging up.  Typically last ones off the ship and first ones back on.  As others have mentioned once you start doing b2bs it’s hard to go back to just one sailing at a time.

We did a B2B on Adventure out of San Juan 2 years ago.  It was our first, and was amazing!  We originally had the same room booked for both, but got a cheap upgrade to a JS on the second leg, and the process of changing rooms was crazy easy. Don't let that be the deciding factor for you if you can't get the same room.

9 islands in two weeks was a lot, but wonderful.  Every morning when we woke up we were somewhere else.