Have connecting rooms looking to switch one person to the other

sue1138

I’m a family of 4 and we are going on the Oasis next month . When I booked the connecting rooms with my TA we had to put me in one room and my wife in another because my kids were only 18 and 20.

Would I be able to switch names so the kids are in 1room and me and my wife in the other room?

They are connecting rooms so I think it would not be a problem , but would like some advice. Thanks

Yes, you can switch.  Royal allows passengers under 21 to be in their own stateroom, as long as that stateroom is next to or across the hall from the responsible adult.  Contact the travel agent and tell them they have to call Royal to do this.

Short answer is yes.  However I would wait until you are onboard.  The main advantage, is that if at least one person in a cabin is 21+, then that person can bring onboard two bottles of wine.  So keeping you each in different cabins, you will be able to bring onboard 4 bottles of wine.

If only one of you is a drinker and have interest in the unlimted beverage package while the other doesn't it easier to pre-purchase just one package in this configuration.  If you were both assigned in same room before the cruise then you both are required to buy it.  (However they have been letting one person get the unlimited beverage package while the other get the unilimited soda/juice packege but you have to call in to do this)

3 minutes ago, gatour said:

Short answer is yes.  However I would wait until you are onboard.  The main advantage, is that if at least one person in a cabin is 21+, then that person can bring onboard two bottles of wine.  So keeping you each in different cabins, you will be able to bring onboard 4 bottles of wine.

If only one of you is a drinker and have interest in the unlimted beverage package while the other doesn't it easier to pre-purchase just one package in this configuration.  If you were both assigned in same room before the cruise then you both are required to buy it.  (However they have been letting one person get the unlimited beverage package while the other get the unilimited soda/juice packege but you have to call in to do this)

Excellent points.  Especially about drink package.  It's very easy to simply go to Guest Services and get the SeaPass re-keyed or pick up a second key for each cabin.  

We were in the same situation last year.  We had booked 1 adult/1 kid in each room with TA.  About a month before our cruise, I (for some reason I can't remember) decided that it might be best to make the switch before boarding... WRONG!  I had already purchased bev packages and scuba diving excursions when they were on sale. and when they did the switch, it totally screwed up the packages and reservations.  Since the bev package was not allowed for our kids because of age, it automatically cancelled my wife's pkg, then I had to repurchase but they would no  longer honor the sale price.  We spend hours on the phone replacing the room assignments the way they were.  Half of the bookings and reservations were sorted out and had to manually fix the rest.

Once on board, it took about 5 minutes to get wow bands (This was on Anthem, but Oasis will get you extra key cards) assigned to other rooms and voila.  My suggestion is go with 1 adult in each room and switch it out once on board.

One other reason that will only happen once in a while is even though we had adjoining rooms, our muster stations were not in the same location, so having one adult in each room means our kids did not have to go to muster by themselves.

Oh and we also were able to each bring 2 bottles of wine.  We both had packages but my MIL was also on board and she had no package, but with her own 2 bottles and the 4 we brought, she had wine all week.

dp

Edited by dpostman

7 hours ago, sue1138 said:

I’m a family of 4 and we are going on the Oasis next month . When I booked the connecting rooms with my TA we had to put me in one room and my wife in another because my kids were only 18 and 20.

Would I be able to switch names so the kids are in 1room and me and my wife in the other room?

They are connecting rooms so I think it would not be a problem , but would like some advice. Thanks

With a "connecting" cabin I don't understand why your TA made you book it this way originally....unless they weren't aware of RCI policy with this? On the other hand if you were looking to get a C&A discount (if you're a member) then booking this the way you did is correct.

At this point either call your TA and have them make the change for you or just wait until you get onboard and go to guest services. More than likely they'll just give the two of you that are switching cabins new SeaPass cards...very easy to do this and done often after boarding.

Best of luck and enjoy your cruise.