Galvastan restaurants

eng4

Can anyone recommend a restaurant in Galvastan? We won’t be getting to our hotel till probably 9pm on a Friday night but would like to go to dinner and have a drink once we get settled. Noticing a lot of places close early. No night life on the island? 🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, eng4 said:

Can anyone recommend a restaurant in Galvastan? We won’t be getting to our hotel till probably 9pm on a Friday night but would like to go to dinner and have a drink once we get settled. Noticing a lot of places close early. No night life on the island? 🤷‍♀️

Check the website galveston.com

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Can'tWait2SetSail said:

ssb  - would you recommend Leon's BBQ? Not for after 9, but we were thinking of having a mid day meal there.

I recommend it for its reputation, and the good BBQ I have had there . Honestly it's been hit and miss for me. Realistically  better more than not though. Recently Had their BBQ at wedding catered by Leon , and it was outstanding and told myself I have to go back !   So yes ! Obviously thinking out loud as I typed .

Edited by ssb

• 3 weeks later...

There is also Queens BBQ which typically gets equal to better reviews and is closer to the Seawall. Also for midday investigates Leo's Cajun which is on Broadway and has brisket, sausage etc. as well as some good gumbo and cajun food. It is counter order only with paper plates and plastic utensils if that matters.