Vegetarian Wine makers dinner??

eandx

DW and I will be celebrating her 50th birthday and our 20th anniversary on the Regal in February. We are vegetarians and would like to sign up for the wine makers or chefs table dinners. Does anyone know if princess has vegetarian options for these dinners. Thank you for your reply. 

I would say it is likely. My wife does not like seafood and they have always replaced any seafood dishes with nice (typically vegetarian) options. 

From what I gather this is typically the Mondavi menu as most people enjoy that menu best. On the Royal in early December we did the WM dinner and had the following:

App: Tiger Prawn wrapped in prosciutto and croissant (my wife had a cheese tart)

Soup: Lentil with granny smith apple and bacon (wife had it sans bacon and was no problem)

Pasta: Gnocci  - *this is seriously delicious 

Dinner: Filet with asparagus and some kine of potato ( I'm sure you could request a substitute for this)

If you enjoy wine, the WM's dinner is not to be missed... our experience all three times has been great food, good conversation with new people and free flowing wine... almost too much wine if that's possible 😉

I don’t eat fish and asked for a substitution for one of the courses last year at the winemakers dinner. They brought me one of the offerings from the main dining room menu. When I asked about it, they said this is what they generally do. 

1 hour ago, PensFan1028 said:

If you enjoy wine, the WM's dinner is not to be missed... our experience all three times has been great food, good conversation with new people and free flowing wine... almost too much wine if that's possible 😉

As a vegetarian I always figured the chef's table would not be worth it to me, so it's exciting to hear they will accommodate! I haven't heard of the Winemakers Dinner. Is that new? We'll be on the Royal this summer and I love wine, so I'd love to check it out! Is it something you sign up for once on board or ahead of time? How much does it cost?

4 minutes ago, sciteach11 said:

As a vegetarian I always figured the chef's table would not be worth it to me, so it's exciting to hear they will accommodate! I haven't heard of the Winemakers Dinner. Is that new? We'll be on the Royal this summer and I love wine, so I'd love to check it out! Is it something you sign up for once on board or ahead of time? How much does it cost?

I've never done Chef's Table but the wine makers dinner is totally worth it if you like wine and good food. We always ask our waiter to sign us up the first night at dinner. I would consult the Maitre d' about substitutions when you sign up. It is $40 per person.

• Like 1

They will, but I would recommend doing the Wine Maker's dinner if you are going to need to substitute. There are fewer courses, and I think that would be simpler. Also notably less expensive.....and quite nice. I would do the Wine Maker's again over the Chef's Table, as there is just too much food with the Chef's Table, and while the Wine Maker's is also too much food, it is not "as much" too much by a long shot. And very lovely. Happy Anniversary.

28 minutes ago, sciteach11 said:

The Winemakers Dinner began with the Royal in the separate Wine Cellar area in both anytime dining rooms.  It’s a great experience but is only available on Royal-class ships.  Like the Chef’s Table it’s limited participation so I call the DINE line to request it when boarding the ship.  Seating is limited to 12 people & in my experience is available on only a few nights.

BADA4EBF-7FE6-449F-B725-2F3DC354D2CC.jpeg