Star Room 12500

fabby50

Looked for info on this room before our cruise last week and I said I'd report back after cruise about a couple of things.

No, they didn't fix the windows during the retrofit.  Lots of streaks from the sealing problem.  Still they were great to look out of.  We kept the blinds closed in the bedroom most of the time because all that glass really heated up the cabin.  If you were going on a Caribbean cruise or a Mexico one during the warmer parts of the year, I probably wouldn't recommend this room for that reason.  It would get really hot during the day.  We were on the Mexico cruise and heading into the sun, the air conditioners just couldn't keep up even with the blinds closed.

Having two full bathrooms is really nice!  We were initially going to take a third person but there ended up being just the two of us.  We still used the 2nd bathroom and bedroom.  There isn't much drawer storage in the master bedroom, but there is plenty in the 2nd.

Sad about windows.  We were in 12502 to Alaska 2011 and butler first mentions about fogged windows "just happened".  Those rooms were fairly new then but over the years here on CC we know windows still have issues 8 years later.

We've met folks who were in Dawn DOS in hot climate back a few years ago and ac could not keep up so interesting to hear updates.