Has Viking Abandoned the 2 for 1 Pricing Model?

MarkTapley

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere.

Yesterday, we received our latest Viking catalog: “2020 River Cruises.”  The pricing for river and ocean cruises is priced completely differently than in all the years we’ve booked them.  Instead of straight 2 for 1 pricing, where the brochure prices were twice what the per person pricing worked out to be, they have listed per person brochure prices that are uniformly marked down $500.  Not sure the end price is any different, but the presented pricing is quite different.

Anyone else notice this?  Maybe they did this some time ago and I just hadn’t noticed.  Thanks.

11 hours ago, stretchcruz said:

It's about time. Too many people thought they were getting a deal with "2 for 1"

I believe it is “honest” pricing, finally.

Never understood who the cruise lines thought they were fooling with the whole two for one nonsense.

9 hours ago, orchestrapal said:

I believe it is “honest” pricing, finally.

Never understood who the cruise lines thought they were fooling with the whole two for one nonsense.

Oceania still uses this misleading 2 for one 1 pricing with free air  in their mailed cruise brochures. When you check out their website you see the same cruises priced out with and without the airfare so they are fooling no one either. I like that VO is more honest about pricing.

Edited by terrydtx