Cheers and sharing

jholleye

I can see questions on trying to "share" alcoholic bevies with a non-Cheers person.  But these are kids, looking for juice or milkshakes.  They won't be ordering from a bar.  Most likely the  Java Café, where the barista would probably not care, so long as the parents are ordering one each. 

Is it "cheating", yes.  But, if parents are barely breaking even on alcoholic drinks, has Carnival been harmed $$$?  No.

OP--5 minutes between drinks from the bar. For non-alcoholic drinks, bartenders may let it slide if ordering with an alcoholic drink.  But you go one bar, your hubby goes to another, order the non-alcoholic drinks.  Then go back 5 minutes later from alcohol. Or vise versa.

Edited by crewsweeper

This reminds me of a hilarious scenario that happened on another cruise line (that rhymes with Norwegian).  At the time, the perks I had coming in were unlimited free drinks for my wife and I and free soda packages for my kids.  Also, since my kids, we 6, 7, and 10 at the time, I did not let them have charging privileges on their card.  So, my 7 year old wanted to get a "smoothie" (virgin mudslide, to be exact), and went up to the bar with his card and ordered one.  He came back to where we were sitting and said that the bartender needed to talk to me. So I went to the bar with him and the following exchange occurred:

Me: What's going on?

Bartender:  I need your card to charge for the drink.

Me: Here you go

Bartender: (Runs card) Sorry - I can't charge you for the drink. You have the unlimited drink package. Your son needs to pay for it.

Me: Ok - son, give him your card.

Bartender: (Runs card) He can't pay for it it. He doesn't have charging privileges. Let me see yours again.

Me: Ok - here you go.

Bartender: (Runs card) I can't charge you for the drink - you have the unlimited drink package. Your son would have to pay for it.

Me: Surely there is a solution here.

Bartender: Sir, can you order the drink?

Me: One Virgin Mudslide, please! Oh, and a Grey Goose screwdriver.......

On 1/3/2019 at 12:36 AM, CdrescherRBL152 said:

Sometimes I have to laugh. Carnival makes a change that rises prices a bit.  IE: the new room service fees.  Everyone goes nuts. But yet there is no end to the post about how to cheat the system to avoid paying for what you should pay for. Carnival is a company and like all companies they are in business to make money. Every time someone cheats them out of money they have to make it up somewhere. Now a drink or two for each of your daughters may not seam like much.  Maybe $10 a day each. Keep in mind Carnival has 25 ships, holding 2000 persons, sailing roughly 350 days each. So if each person takes just avoids paying $10/day  that makes $17,500,000 per year Carnival loses.

Agree 100%. But then maybe we don't understand how special some people are, or how delicate some are in they cannot drink a certain brand or out of a certain container.

7 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Is it "cheating", yes.  But, if parents are barely breaking even on alcoholic drinks, has Carnival been harmed $$$?  No.

Yes, Carnival has been harmed $$$. Carnival expects a certain return on investment and cheaters cut into it. The price of the program takes into account that most won't max out the program and some won't break even.