Cheers and sharing

jholleye

8 hours ago, CMOTO said:

I agree, more Pepsi the better!! LOL  

Red Bull doesn't have alcohol in it, and some times i like one in the morning.  Just wasn't sure if it counted against the 12 pack of soda.   

I will just have it all in the carry on and see what happens!! LOL

As long as its 12 ounces or less per can. you are good to go

• Like 1

We were on a cruise with our 2 grand children and the MDR waiters all brought the kids sodas, frozen drinks and milk shakes. There was never a charge on our bill. Then out by the pool the drink servers brought them frozen drinks. Asked our cabin number but there was never a charge. A lot of the waiters love the kids and like doing things special for them. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fireman9302 said:

Share if you want to...nobody will care...remove your tips...tip extra...wake up at 6 am and reserve your chair by the pool or wear jeans to the MDR.. ITS a free for all...who cares!

I prefer shorts in the MDR thank you. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...
On 1/3/2019 at 2:13 PM, RICKnVICK said:

I agree that personally for me, I would be afraid of getting caught etc...I would think a special drink a couple times a day your daughters will be thrilled and it won't be that much.  I hope you enjoy your cruise vacation!

On another note - years ago I was a regular sneaker of alcohol in my suitcase.  I always wondered if I got caught what would happen.  A few years back I just stopped.  It isn't right, and it seriously wasn't worth it.  I can afford to cruise and all that goes with it.  I work hard like I am sure you all do and save my money for what I want to do.  Cruising is my favorite thing and I do it as much as I possibly can!

Cheers everyone!

Vicki

I'm with you...we used to sneak stuff on too, but still usually spent within $100 or so of the cost of the Cheers package. Then I decided it's worth just paying the extra $100-200 and not risking it getting take away or rum runners busting in your luggage and having to go back to my room when I wanted another drink, and having to carry on sodas and mixers. I am on vacation to relax and enjoy myself and now I can drink more quality drinks over quantity and not have to worry about it! 

On 1/3/2019 at 6:02 AM, BENHANDEL said:

We bought Cheers! on a recent Horizon sailing. Would not have been worth it for our family had our dinner server not automatically brought frozen drinks for kids at each dinner. 2 each for 3 kids.... I wrote about it in a recent review called "newbies on the horizon." We did not ask so I do not consider it cheating. However, we will not do the package again as we spent so much time waiting in lines to "get our money's worth."

Same thing happened to us on our spring break cruise with 2 grandson on the Splender!  We ordered 4 milkshakes, gave him our 2 cheers cards and they didn’t charge for the boys.  And same thing in dining room.  We order our wines and 2 smoothies for the boys and gave   the girl a $10 tip to make sure she’d be back.  We like having at least 2 glasses of wine with dinner and a after dinner drink.  We never charged for any of their smoothies! AND she was very attentive!  

1 minute ago, Palmetto Pilot said:

Why? That's incredibly simple minded. So automatically Cheers = irresponsible parents? 

I agree with your comment. What I think is more irresponsible is parents who sit at a bar drinking with their kid sitting next to them. However, a lot of the time this results from kids wanting to get a soda, and bars are the only place to get sodas on Carnival ships the majority of the time. I have heard this question asked at many Q&As with CDs, why doesn’t Carnival have soda dispensing machines? I still haven’t heard a good answer from Carnival why they don’t do this. They have beer dispensing machines on their ships, wine dispensing machines on their ships, but still no soda dispensing machines. 

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I agree with your comment. What I think is more irresponsible is parents who sit at a bar drinking with their kid sitting next to them. However, a lot of the time this results from kids wanting to get a soda, and bars are the only place to get sodas on Carnival ships the majority of the time. I have heard this question asked at many Q&As with CDs, why doesn’t Carnival have soda dispensing machines? I still haven’t heard a good answer from Carnival why they don’t do this. They have beer dispensing machines on their ships, wine dispensing machines on their ships, but still no soda dispensing machines. 

Those wine and beer self serve machines require a swipe of a S&S, can you imagine the outcry of parents whose kids swiped dozens of times and racked up charges?

2 hours ago, Palmetto Pilot said:

This has been our experience as well. My wife and typically always buy cheers, and our last cruise we took our then 3 year old toddler. If we ordered a drink for him it was just brought to us, no bill no nothing and the crew bent over backwards for him. Even in Alchemy Bar one of the bartenders would make him a fruit and juice "cocktail" every night, it was very special for him. I wouldn't worry about it. Don't let these curmudgeons on here talk about their morals on their high horse...they are the ones removing tips and complaining when other people do it. 

The parents who get charged for drinks ordered for their children in the dining room are also down at GS demanding these charges be removed and the tips are well "because they didn't know they had to pay for them".

I got drinks for my kids all last cruise with cheers.  I know I am going to get flamed, luckily for me I don't care about anyones opinion of me on this board.   It would stink if they took away my cheers package for getting my kids a couple of sodas, but I tip so well I don't think any of the bartenders or coffee shop personel are going to turn me in.  Flame away:)

• Like 4

8 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

How would Bubbles work with a machine?

5 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

The parents who get charged for drinks ordered for their children in the dining room are also down at GS demanding these charges be removed and the tips are well "because they didn't know they had to pay for them".

Parents have to sign the S&S slip before the drinks are served. How could they not know they were being charged?

On 1/3/2019 at 2:19 AM, Troopwife1 said:

We didn't get the cheers package.  We debated about it and didn't think we would drink that much.  Glad we didn't because our most expensive day was around $85 in drinks and we would have wasted so much money with it.  We did get the bottomless bubbles for myself and my daughter and I got my husband some sodas with it.  We just took them back to the room and drank them on the balcony.  We also might have brought out own alcohol that we added to said sodas...but shhhh.

We would never have guessed.

7 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

you must spend your whole cruise as guest services!

• Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 9:02 AM, BENHANDEL said:

We bought Cheers! on a recent Horizon sailing. Would not have been worth it for our family had our dinner server not automatically brought frozen drinks for kids at each dinner. 2 each for 3 kids.... I wrote about it in a recent review called "newbies on the horizon." We did not ask so I do not consider it cheating. However, we will not do the package again as we spent so much time waiting in lines to "get our money's worth."

That's on Carnival.  It's different when you purposely cheat the system and when Carnival gives a "gift".

3 hours ago, coevan said:

How would Bubbles work with a machine?

On another line that uses a machine, you’re given a plastic tumbler that has a chip on the bottom that activates the machine to fill the cup. It can be done because it is being done on other cruise lines.

• Like 1

If you are caught, Carnival can boot you from the program with no refund. Carnival is aware there are cheaters and seems to prefer to build it into the price and to keep raising prices to compensate for cheaters. 

People getting all hyped up because they give their kid a soda from their cheers package instead of paying for it separately. I get it if you talk about maybe sharing drinks because you will not hit the 15 limit but your spouse did but a soda or juice for your kid, let it slide people. 

• Like 2

Has anyone ever met someone who was caught sharing with family???

We all do things that are maybe a bit questionable on the ship at times. I really just wished we were more considerate with each other.  

This is is an issue for carnival not an issue for us. It changes nothing for the simple person. 

Yes gratuities go up and drink package prices go up from time to time. It’s not because people don’t pay their gratuities or cheating the cheers system -It’s because the cruise lines can do they can and most people just pay it. The cycle of cheating the system will always catch up to whatever they do. 

• Like 1