Time to get to port for departure

KiscoB

I'd get to the ship has soon as they let you on.  You'll have time for a relaxed lunch, time to walk around the ship and get to know the ship.  Then you can relax in your suite-unpack and be ready for dinner.  I think think of a better way to start a cruise.

Actually, they board the ships at noon for upper suites and, by 12:15 p.m., the ship is ready to board.  We tend to get to the terminal between 11:00 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. so that we are in a good position to board as soon as boarding commences.

Unless you are in an upper suite, you cannot go to your suite until 2:00 - 2:30 p.m.  

1 hour ago, KiscoB said:

thank you very much  Travelcat2.  We are not in an upper suite, we are in concierge 935.  So it seems like no rush to get there at 12noon.

Your posts are very informative.

Thank you for the kind words.  We still like to get on the ship early so that we can enjoy a leisurely lunch but, you are correct that you do not have to be there early.  However, if you are there early, you would likely be able to board by 12:30 p.m.

Your itinerary is great - I’m confident that you will enjoy every moment.

Travelcat2, can I bother you with one more question.

our last port is Rome and it says 6 am on the itinerary.  I called Regent to ask what would be safe time for a flight home, Rep said anything after 11 am.  May I ask your opinion on that as you have cruised so much.  Thanks again.  Come on the cruise.  I would love to meet you.

2 hours ago, KiscoB said:

Travelcat2, can I bother you with one more question.

our last port is Rome and it says 6 am on the itinerary.  I called Regent to ask what would be safe time for a flight home, Rep said anything after 11 am.  May I ask your opinion on that as you have cruised so much.  Thanks again.  Come on the cruise.  I would love to meet you.

No bother at all.  I agree with 11 am because it takes a while to get from the port to the airport plus you will checking in at a very large airport and need to go through security, etc.  

Yes - we have been on many cruises.  Hard to believe that neither my husband nor I had much interest in cruising.  Once we sailed on Regent, we pretty much gave up land travel  and became cruisers.:classic_biggrin: