Bringing on a 750ml Bottle of Beer

JimP81

Hello! This is my first post and I'm going on my first cruise in less than 60 days! I'm a fancy pants beer drinker and some of my fancy pants beers come in 750ml bottles. I see I can bring on a bottle of wine or champagne specifically but if I try to bring on a similar size bottle of beer am I breaking any rules? Will anyone check it thoroughly to make sure it's wine? Thanks in advance!

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

Seems like I've seen them looking at the label of my wine. I don't think it'll get through but you can try.

Nah, not a big deal was just curious how strict it was. 

22 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Seems like I've seen them looking at the label of my wine. I don't think it'll get through but you can try. Let us know if it works.

Do you think a 750ml bottle of non-alcoholic Welch's Sparkling White Grape Juice Cocktail would make it through New Orleans?  It comes in a wine bottle.  It comes completely wrapped in plastic, as opposed to topped with foil and a sticker, during the holiday season.

If I brought it and they said no, do you think they would let me drink it right there instead of trashing it?  It only costs $2.98 at Walmart, but it would really hurt to have to throw it out.  I love the stuff alot.

8 minutes ago, Tiger0613 said:

Do you think a 750ml bottle of non-alcoholic Welch's Sparkling White Grape Juice Cocktail would make it through New Orleans?  It comes in a wine bottle.  It comes completely wrapped in plastic, as opposed to topped with foil and a sticker, during the holiday season.

If I brought it and they said no, do you think they would let me drink it right there instead of trashing it?  It only costs $2.98 at Walmart, but it would really hurt to have to throw it out.  I love the stuff alot.

Since I've been buying cheers I actually haven't brought any drinks on in New Orleans since my first cruise. Galveston I bring the wine since you can't buy cheers the first day out of Texas. It seems like they always look closely at my label.

51 minutes ago, Tiger0613 said:

Lol, there's no law against you drinking grape juice in the terminal. I'd say a 50 50 chance of taking that onboard also.

We were able to do it once successfully on RCCL and once not successfully with RCCL, we did the drink package on our last Carnival cruise and thankfully they actually had some better beer on board than RCCL ever does (I'm an IPA girl and there are NOT a ton of great options on ships lol) but vodka will do when beer doesn't 🙂  I didn't try it on the Carnival cruise but good to know it might be worth chancing again!

1 hour ago, Garth2 said:

If you're going to try to bring it on board, you should consider whether or not your cabin has a refrigerator, and if so, whether the bottle will fit in it.

Bucket of ice and I doubt if the room stewards care what's in it. Also once opened I don't think it will last long. At least not for me. It is my understanding that all cabins have a mini fridge 

40 minutes ago, BigCruze said:

Bucket of ice and I doubt if the room stewards care what's in it. Also once opened I don't think it will last long. At least not for me. It is my understanding that all cabins have a mini fridge 

Not all cabins have mini fridges.

Only suites have them on the Ecstasy, Fantasy, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Sensation, and Triumph.  

The Sunshine has them in all suites and in cabins on decks 3, 5, 10, 11 and 12

The Breeze, Conquest, Dream, Elation, Freedom, Glory, Horizon, Legend, Liberty, Magic, Miracle, Paradise, Pride, Radiance, Spirit, Splendor, Sunrise, Valor, Victory, and Vista have them in all cabins.