Premium drinks with Fantastica in the UK?

ssmea03

Because of that promotion, it makes very little sense to book Aurea (at such a higher price) when the included package is only the 'Easy' one with an Aurea booking.  I imagine there'll be quite a lot of free upgrades into Aurea cabins as a result.

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

They have really spoilt the Aurea experience by assigning the Easy package. It's not even close to the package previously included. Which better be honoured on our next 2 Aurea sailings!!! 
I agree, CF. We've been booking Aurea more often as it didn't cost much more than Fantastica when you factored in the included drinks package. It's certainly not worth it, now. I mean, what else is offered in Aurea that justifies the extra €300 (minimum) cost.

2 hours ago, cruiser man 60 said:

On the selected cruises the Aurea has the deluxe package included in the price so the same as fantastica with the extra benefits e.g. Spa

There is no 'Deluxe' package anymore (unless you mean Premium and that Aurea are getting that, too, which is not what's being shown on the website when I check out prices.  The drop-down for Onboard Service does not list this as an included item when you click on the 'Gift box' icon next to Aurea prices, but it does indicate that 'Premium Package' is included on the drop-down against Fantastica prices).

Indeed Bea. The key things for us with Aurea are the AI drinks selection and MyChoice dining. We wouldn't be happy with assigned, fixed time dining but the Easy package isn't extensive enough but we couldn't justify the upgrade drinks package cost having already paid Aurea prices. It would cost £400 each to upgrade on our next Aurea sailing. The itinerary has disappeared off the website (no idea why) so I can't see the base price any longer but if I could book today that's an extra £800 to receive the equivalent of our booking.

There is no package upgrade option for our following one but based on the above, if I pro rata, it would be an additional £1000+ each!!! The base price is unchanged.

4 minutes ago, sidari said:

Lunatics running the Asylum!

I'm not sure it's that organised!

Seriously, putting aside my own personal vexation at the Aurea/Easy combination. I really think MSC have made a considerable mistake, there isn't any incentive or significant advantage to booking Aurea whilst this promotion runs.

I did look at the offer and it states:

Included
  AUREA EXPERIENCE UPGRADE

UPGRADE FROM AUREA EXPERIENCE EASY PACKAGE TO PREMIUM PROMO PACKAGE

Unless that involves a very reduced price upgrade you're going need to be in the Spa a lot to justify Aurea.

CF ... it would still be more cost effective to book Fantastica and pay for access to the Spa for the cruise duration.  The only benefit that's included in Aurea that we're interested in is MyChoice, which can't be purchased, but doesn't justify the difference in price between the 2 'Experiences'.  I'd be more prepared to spend any savings made (by booking Fantastica) in Speciality Restaurants ... but only on the new class of ships which have decent SRs!  (Can't wait to go back to Butchers' Cut later this year!)

6 minutes ago, cruiser man 60 said:

What's MSC stance if you have previously booked a fantastica or Aurea cabin añd they are nods including deluxe drinks package, will they add in to your booking if you call up or do you need to cancel and rebook?

Deleted due to clarification in previous post.

Edited by Beamafar

We rarely use the spa so that perk doesn't entice us either, we have the massage if we are Aurea but that's it.

We only went in the spa once on our recent cruise and that was only because we accidentally used the 'secret' lift. It was elegant night, we were on our way to dinner. We didn't look at all conspicuous 😂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

I did intent to add, after derailing the OP, if you are looking at booking the fantastica experience this is a very good deal.

Indeed - it cost £100pp more over the Bella to go to Fantastica include the "free" premium package which would cost £288pp for the voyage.

No brainer as they say.

Our last four cruises have been in Aurea for the classic package as was and the option to upgrade to Deluxe at £6 pp pd plus the my time dining, massages, spa use and the sundeck, with the Easy the option to go to premium plus is £34 pp pd and that is never going to happen so until MSC come to their senses we are not likely to book Aurea again.

After this cruise we have until 2022 to book again.

We booked a reposition cruise in Aurea recently for £15pppd over fantastica which I thought was good value for easy drinks package, spa and my time dining.

we will probably drink a lot of soft drinks, bottled water, coffees during day and cost soon adds up even for non alcoholic drinks.

21 hours ago, ssmea03 said:

Just seen this tv add from the UK advertising MSC, if you wait until the end the banner clearly shows premium drinks being offered with fantastica. 

HERE IS A SCREEN SHOT FROM THE AD

I'VE CIRCLED THE APPROPRIATE WIORDS

TV%20ADD.png