Live on Reflection: 14 Nt Exotic Southern Caribbean (Jan 4)

mahdnc

17 hours ago, yknot13 said:

We have been enjoying your trip log throughout your voyage.

We will be on Reflection next week and have been wondering how the entertainment and music venues have been around the ship?

Have a great return sail to Port Everglades

I can't really answer this question because we haven't sampled the entertainment very much. Sorry. Other people we have talked to seemed to enjoy it when we have talked about it. 

1 hour ago, SeaGams said:

Tough decision, sweets or wine.  Could you take your dessert to the wine tasting?????

Toni

In theory, yes. But we didn't want to rush things for lunch!

On 1/14/2019 at 8:21 PM, mahdnc said:

Dinner at Le Petit Chef was good. Food was delicious and the short show before each course was entertaining.

Because of the show/presentation element, there are only two seatings nightly--5:45 and 8:00 pm.  Our 8pm seating was about 50% full. 

It was definitely worth going to but I don't think I would go back a second time to see the exact same show and the same menu that goes with it. 

That's the impression we had - food was some of the best we had, show was fun, if a bit hokey, but not a huge incentive to do it again - not sure how they will justify keeping it if the show and menu don't change. Also we went on a 2 for 1, list price is way overpriced.

1 hour ago, jdm3tz said:

Thanks for all the great posts.  We'll be on the Reflection next month.

Can you tell me if the Porch is open for dinner, too?

Yes, it is. The cover charge is the same, $30 pp. Menu is different or includes other options. 

9 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Here is a floor plan for FV 8107 that I drew up from an Eclipse cruise. The floor plan is identical to the one we're in on Reflection, however it is much better furnished. But it gives you an idea of the layout and dimensions. 

It looks like a fabulous room.  The one I was looking at was on the 7th but I won't be put off so easily.  Enjoying your review - makes me excited for mine.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mahdnc said:

The single bathroom works for us but it's not for everybody. It's the one question that I ask people if they ask me whether I recommend an FV

When we shared a cabin with our two boys, I sent them up to the gym for their showers if we all wanted to shower at the same time like coming in from shore excursions or preparing for formal night.  

41 minutes ago, Canuker said:

What a brilliant photograph. It is now my desktop background picture (hope you don't mind).

I don't mind at all, actually I am flattered! I'm glad you liked it that much. 

24 minutes ago, Tucker in Texas said:

When we shared a cabin with our two boys, I sent them up to the gym for their showers if we all wanted to shower at the same time like coming in from shore excursions or preparing for formal night.  

The gym is a short elevator ride away from the Solstice class FV cabins

Our stateroom attendant is Salvador who is from Honduras. He is excellent and has made our cruise a terrific one. He is an model employee that does a great job representing Celebrity. 

Salvador is retiring after the next sailing. He has worked for Celebrity for, I think he told me, around 25 years. Salvador first ship was the Britanis which was operated under the Chandris Fantasy Cruises which was the forerunner to Celebrity Cruises!

Salvador worked aboard the SS Meridian which was the first ship of the then new Celebrity Cruises brand. He also worked on mv Horizon which was the first ship that Celebrity Cruises had built.

Of course, Salvador saw a lot of change over the years as he worked on the Century class, Millennium class, and finally the Solstice class ships. 

Salvador turned down a chance to work on Celebrity Edge because it was time for him to finally retire and go back home to Honduras to be with his family which includes 3 kids (the oldest is now 18). It didn't make sense for him to learn a new ship. I wish Salvador a happy retirement starting on Jan 28!

The only special things that we asked of Salvador was to clear the cabin refrigerator so we could put our own items on it and to supply our cabin daily with a pitcher of water and a filled ice bucket. 

0A8C986B-DDD5-4610-9AA6-7125D79C1B3F.jpeg

Good morning, this is Sea Day #5 and tomorrow we arrive back at Port Everglades. It's always a bit depressing to have something that you've looked forward to for two years to be behind you. 

But at least my family and I have this to look forward to when we get home:

12F949C4-23BE-454A-A45E-0D4D127781FC.jpeg

Providing an audio/video feed from your laptop or PlayStation to play games or watch movies on your stateroom television is very easy. 

The stateroom television has its audio/video fed through the input labeled HDMI IN 3 (ARC) on the back of the TV as shown in this photo (it's the bigger cable):

E8299A26-B093-4E5C-B5C3-C35BC722423F.jpeg

The next step is to unplug the ship's cable connected to HDMI IN 3 and connect your cable from your laptop, PlayStation, etc as shown in the next two photos:

FEC529DF-2A2E-460C-AC3D-D8BC1268502E.jpeg

6408EEBE-10A8-462C-AA91-64E86EA32BF8.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc

That's it. Now you're ready to go!. In the photo below, my daughter's laptop is being projected onto out stateroom TV:

20478566-90D1-4C9F-9A11-B3E5F9657685.jpeg

Some more info on the TV:

FEC529DF-2A2E-460C-AC3D-D8BC1268502E.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

Yesterday was our final Evening Chic night. Here are our kids getting their pictures taken:

8D562C55-8CBA-4EA3-B974-C9A586D8ACFB.jpeg

I have been told off from  the ship’s photographer when he is taking their picture and I am taking it also. They want you to purchase their photos.