Solstice aft S1/sunset veranda question

coffeeluv

We recently booked cabins 6305 and 6307 on Solstice, with DH and me in the aft corner S1, and DD/friend in the connecting sunset veranda. We haven’t cruised in connecting rooms on S class ships before. If I remember correctly, the connection is a shared entryway, but how does that work for the corner room? I have seen the shared entryway for regular side-by-side rooms, but not the corner. On the deck plans it doesn’t look possible. Has anyone seen this for the corner S1? 

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, coffeeluv said:

We recently booked cabins 6305 and 6307 on Solstice, with DH and me in the aft corner S1, and DD/friend in the connecting sunset veranda. We haven’t cruised in connecting rooms on S class ships before. If I remember correctly, the connection is a shared entryway, but how does that work for the corner room? I have seen the shared entryway for regular side-by-side rooms, but not the corner. On the deck plans it doesn’t look possible. Has anyone seen this for the corner S1? 

Thanks!

I have sailed in 9374 on Solstice and 1665 on Silhouette.  The cabin doors are at a right angle to each other.  On the pic I have uploaded the red line is where the additional door is. This means you have an inner lobby that means you could leave your cabin doors open and use the extra 952EEF4F-0D89-40F5-9122-359D6D651229.thumb.jpeg.7f58cb78c13f213e77ddd4d60ebe6342.jpegdoor as your ‘front’ Door so to speak. 

The picture describes it correctly.  Basically there's nothing special about the entry to each cabin.  There is just a door in the hallway before 9376 which makes the hallway outside your 2 cabins private (and it's a fairly large area).  The door in the hallway is keyed to open with either cabin's seapass card.    It's very private and quiet.

12 minutes ago, emairs said:

FYI: In case you are not aware, Deck 6 has the smallest of the aft balconies.

I want to ditto that comment, especially if that makes a difference to you.  I am sure you can find photos, as I have seen them.  Just be sure that you are okay with that!

We would have preferred a different location, but needed an S1 with an adjoining stateroom, and deck 6 was all that was still available for our sailing. Thanks for the heads-up!

Edited by coffeeluv

We stayed in 7307 in July of 2017 and really enjoyed it. 7307 may be a few square feet bigger, if any, but it was certainly nice with the extra balcony room, as well. And, you're in a suite.... there is that.