Transporation to/from the pier and Hong Kong Disney

Ken the cruiser

We are on a family B2B cruise in late April and May in Southeast Asia which will be docked in Hong Kong for 3 days, with the second day being a transition day between the two cruise legs. Our family group will consist of 5 adults and a 3 year old. We're probably over-thinking it, but since none of us have ever been to Hong Kong, we're trying to figure out the safest way, but not necessarily the cheapest way, to get to and from the pier and Hong Kong Disney on that middle transition day. If anyone has been in a similar situation in Hong Kong and has a few minutes to pass along their thoughts, we would definitely appreciate it.

Ken,

When you discuss this with anyone, it is wise to tell them which pier you will be docked at.

Ocean Terminal is at the tip of Kowloon, located right on the train line that takes you to Disneyland.

Kai Tak Terminal is much farther away, requiring taxis / buses / trains.

14 minutes ago, BruceMuzz said:

Ken,

When you discuss this with anyone, it is wise to tell them which pier you will be docked at.

Ocean Terminal is at the tip of Kowloon, located right on the train line that takes you to Disneyland.

Very good point! If I might ask, where can you see that detail of information? All it says on our confirmation as well as when we look at our cruise itinerary using my Crystal account is Hong Kong.

12 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Very good point! If I might ask, where can you see that detail of information? All it says on our confirmation as well as when we look at our cruise itinerary using my Crystal account is Hong Kong.

I saw your similar post on the Crystal board.  If it is too early for you to have received your cruise documents where it should stated then send an email to Onboard Guest Services at Crystal and ask them for the terminal details... I don’t have the email address to hand but if you ask on the main Crystal board I’m sure someone will post it for you...

Anne..

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If you're on the Crystal Symphony you'll be docking at Ocean Terminal, which is the old cruise terminal. 

http://www.oceanterminal.com.hk/en/schedule.php?cid=1&y=2019&m=5#CruiseSchedule

This is basically right in the middle of everything.  All within walking distance: The Star Ferry which for a few USD will take you across the Harbour; Kowloon MTR Station, HK Space Museum, the famous Peninsula Hotel, Nathan Road's Golden Mile, Harbour Lightshow (ask locally which radio station broadcast the music) or just walk along the boardwalk. I think in this area there are more Mc'Ds per square mile than anywhere else. 

3 minutes ago, Philob said:

If you're on the Crystal Symphony you'll be docking at Ocean Terminal, which is the old cruise terminal. 

http://www.oceanterminal.com.hk/en/schedule.php?cid=1&y=2019&m=5#CruiseSchedule

This is basically right in the middle of everything.  All within walking distance: The Star Ferry which for a few USD will take you across the Harbour; Kowloon MTR Station, HK Space Museum, the famous Peninsula Hotel, Nathan Road's Golden Mile, Harbour Lightshow (ask locally which radio station broadcast the music) or just walk along the boardwalk. I think in this area there are more Mc'Ds per square mile than anywhere else. 

Thanks Philob! Obviously you've done this before. :classic_smile:

4 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks Philob! Obviously you've done this before. :classic_smile:

Never taken a cruise out of Hong Kong.  Everything I know is from Cruise Critic  :classic_wink:

We visit MIL in the Mainland every couple of years and HK is our gateway. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

We went to Disney Hong Kong in November 2018 and if you follow these instructions you have been given you will have no problems.  My DH wanted me to tell you to go for it and we are old enough to be your parents, or older, and we made it very easily.  

We had people tell us not to go because it is smaller than DW but do not let that discourage you.  Yes, it is smaller and you can do it in one day but if you are a Mickey Mouse fan it is a must and you will see things that we do not have in CA or FL.  I did not see the characters around as much as we have here so ready the daily planner carefully.

I am sorry this is so late and hope that you are still reading this thread.  Please come back and tell us how you did.  And by the way if you have a senior citizen with you the rate is so low that I thought I was not hearing correctly.   

Cheers and take lots of pictures!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2019 at 11:38 PM, BruceMuzz said:

Ken,

On 3/15/2019 at 3:17 AM, S&B said:

We went to Disney Hong Kong in November 2018 and if you follow these instructions you have been given you will have no problems.  My DH wanted me to tell you to go for it and we are old enough to be your parents, or older, and we made it very easily.  

We had people tell us not to go because it is smaller than DW but do not let that discourage you.  Yes, it is smaller and you can do it in one day but if you are a Mickey Mouse fan it is a must and you will see things that we do not have in CA or FL.  I did not see the characters around as much as we have here so ready the daily planner carefully.

I am sorry this is so late and hope that you are still reading this thread.  Please come back and tell us how you did.  And by the way if you have a senior citizen with you the rate is so low that I thought I was not hearing correctly.   

Cheers and take lots of pictures!!

Ocean Terminal is near to TST station, bit of a walk with a 3 yo.   The station you want for Disneyland line is Kowloon.  Take a taxi there with your group and then 5 stations to Sunny Bay and then on the Disney train for 1 stop.   There used to be a fireworks show every evening and there is a grand parade in the afternoons.    Maybe time your visit to fit these activities.   There is plenty to occupy the day, so long as the 3 yo can last.   Have fun.  

Edited by model lady

Below is a link to HK's MTR Station Map, it is downloadable and they have a free mobile app, all the MTR underground stations are free/fast WiFi enabled for travelers & visitors, complimentary, feel free to use it for customized direction & route options on the go.  

http://www.mtr.com.hk/en/customer/services/system_map.html

Depending on where OP is staying in town and where they are leaving from to Disney, they can head for their nearest MTR station, look for the Tsuen Wen Line, heading away from the popular tourist area of Tsim Sha Tsui, as the "Kowloon" MTR Station is further west, in the West Kowloon reclaimed land section with the HK Airport Express.  Do NOT confuse it with the newest "West Kowloon" Station with CBS (Cross Boundry Service - high speed train services to/from mainland China)

The point being that there are multiple transfer stations, including the "Lai King" station with cross-platform transfer to the Tung Chung line services heading to Quarry Bay station, for cross-platform transfer to Disney. 

Signage throughout HK's MTR systems, including buses & rail lines are bilingual in English & Chinese, user-friendly & when in doubt, ask a uniformed MTR station staff or crew for help and direction. 

Just a footnote about the MTR system on weekdays, it is busy & packed full of locals, commuters at peak travel time, including school-aged, be prepared for crowds, queue up (form & follow the lines) for an orderly boarding & when transfering inside the stations.