Connecting staterooms on Symphony

5 hours ago, Beppevroomvroom said:

Does anyone know if there are connecting ocean view balcony staterooms on Symphony? 

It looks like only junior suites connect with balcony rooms but I'm ideally just looking for 2 basic OV rooms

Thanks in advance 😊

Yes, I see many pairs of connecting OV balcony staterooms on Symphony.

See this example of deck 10:  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/symphony-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1820/10

Look for a pair of staterooms with a two-headed arrow, such as 10150/10152.

1 hour ago, Beppevroomvroom said:

There would be 4 in one stateroom and 3 in the other so those rooms may work then. It looks to me like it's not possible to get two rooms of the same category though (they are always coloured differently)? 

Unfortunately you will not find connecting cabins that will hold 3 in one cabin and 4 in the other.  The cabins are configured so that a cabin that sleeps more than 2 will have a cabin that only sleeps 2 on each side of it.

2 hours ago, Beppevroomvroom said:

There would be 4 in one stateroom and 3 in the other so those rooms may work then. It looks to me like it's not possible to get two rooms of the same category though (they are always coloured differently)? 

There will be a problem with the cabin that sleeps 2.   Even though there is a sofa, they will not book 3 people in a room that has a max capacity of 2.   So the max capacity for the connecting rooms is 6.   Unless you can talk someone into booking it with more.

I can't even imagine a scenario where you'd want to have seven people in two rooms.... if you're a couple of parents traveling with five very small children, you're probably going to want to bring another adult (or at least a responsible teenager) to help you with herding and corralling all those beasties.  

And if you're all adults, or if some of the kids are older, there's no reason to need connecting rooms.  

We have about 8 ocean view balcony cabins booked for September. There are 4 on each side of the ship (port and starboard) and they all connect by balcony - for sure 2 rooms connect by interior door as well. I believe we are on deck 8. We are cruising with my 2 young kids and upon booking... our TA told us to book 2 connecting canins and put 2 of us in each because it was much cheaper than booking 1 ocean view balcony rooms for 4 of us .

On 1/6/2019 at 10:29 PM, brillohead said:

I can't even imagine a scenario where you'd want to have seven people in two rooms.... if you're a couple of parents traveling with five very small children, you're probably going to want to bring another adult (or at least a responsible teenager) to help you with herding and corralling all those beasties.  

And if you're all adults, or if some of the kids are older, there's no reason to need connecting rooms.  

My husband and I will be with our 6 and 4 year old. We are travelling with a friend with her 7 and 5 year old. 

The kids are too young to be in their own cabins so this is the only configuration that will work for us unfortunately....

5 hours ago, kkyyylllaa said:

We have about 8 ocean view balcony cabins booked for September. There are 4 on each side of the ship (port and starboard) and they all connect by balcony - for sure 2 rooms connect by interior door as well. I believe we are on deck 8. We are cruising with my 2 young kids and upon booking... our TA told us to book 2 connecting canins and put 2 of us in each because it was much cheaper than booking 1 ocean view balcony rooms for 4 of us .

That's really interesting,  I wouldn't think to ask ask about the cost of 2 connecting 2-person cabins!

RC told me that there are no  connecting cabins of the same grade that will sleep more than 2 in each. I've just found out that there aren't actually 2 cabins even next door to each other (in any category) on our sailing so it looks like we'll have to be one cabin apart regardless :classic_sad:

On Adventure last year my son's family of 7 had two connecting cabins that slept 4 in each cabin. They had no problems and loved that configuration. This year on Symphony the connecting cabins have a 2 person and 4 person arrangement which doesn't work for them so they ended up having to get two 4 person cabins but across from each other. Not as convenient as connecting for sharing things amongst family members.