The Horrible Celebrity Website continues to annoy me

RickT

I'm sure many of you also see this but the fact that I see this almost every time I look to book a cruise is extremely frustrating in today's day and age when a 15 year old can probably build a better web page.  In looking at booking the 03/16/19 sailing of the Equinox I selected Veranda and 5 options come up.  Sunset (fair enough that is a separate category) as does Family Veranda.  But what's with 3 separate choices of verandah?  One picture says "sold out" (the ship is not sold out of veranda cabins) and the other two are the same with one being $10 less.  The $10 less is a Guarantee but why not say that?  Sometimes they are the same price and you never know which one is the guarantee until you click on it.

I know this is a rhetorical question, but would it be so hard for Celebrity clean up their website?

I know I'm beating a dead horse but.....

Celeb 03 16 19.png

4 minutes ago, Oville said:

1A, 2A and Guaranteed.

If that were the case here then they should label the various options.  That said, the listing of a veranda as "sold out" makes no sense as every category of standard veranda is available.  1A, 1B, 1C, 2A, 2B, 2C and 2D.

The same thing occurs when looking at Aquaclass.  Three pictures.  One saying sold out and the other two with different prices.

10 minutes ago, RickT said:

If that were the case here then they should label the various options.  That said, the listing of a veranda as "sold out" makes no sense as every category of standard veranda is available.  1A, 1B, 1C, 2A, 2B, 2C and 2D.

The same thing occurs when looking at Aquaclass.  Three pictures.  One saying sold out and the other two with different prices.

When I check the site for pricing, the cabins that are available do not  show which category they are. I have done enough Celebrity cruises to have an idea which they are, but I do have to go to another site to confirm. 

2 hours ago, RickT said:

I'm sure many of you also see this but the fact that I see this almost every time I look to book a cruise is extremely frustrating in today's day and age when a 15 year old can probably build a better web page.  In looking at booking the 03/16/19 sailing of the Equinox I selected Veranda and 5 options come up.  Sunset (fair enough that is a separate category) as does Family Veranda.  But what's with 3 separate choices of verandah?  One picture says "sold out" (the ship is not sold out of veranda cabins) and the other two are the same with one being $10 less.  The $10 less is a Guarantee but why not say that?  Sometimes they are the same price and you never know which one is the guarantee until you click on it.

I know this is a rhetorical question, but would it be so hard for Celebrity clean up their website?

I know I'm beating a dead horse but.....

Celeb 03 16 19.png

Not sure, but I think location is what causes this confusion, based on which level veranda. Pricing indicates a difference. Normally it's a catch 22 to book a guarantee since the stateroom that will be assigned may not be the best available for that level. We got lucky a few years ago and did a Celebrity guarantee that was in a great location, and two weeks before sailing we got a really good offer to move to a Royal Suite, so someone else was lucky to get our CS. It can be cumbersome to move around the site and figure it out, but with the many levels of staterooms and suites at different pricing it has to be difficult to offer them all. Not sure why the one shows as Sold Out, however. Maybe if they showed each category as 2B, 2C, 2D instead?

The website just keeps getting worse.  This whole week I cannot book a cabin for 3ppl.  I can book the default cabin that comes up but nothing else.  You can select a different cabin, but you cannot go any further than that.  An error message comes up.  So frustrating.  And, yes, I agree that my 15 yr old son can come up with a better website.

I used to book my cruises online, but not anymore, the process is too cumbersome and frustrating.  Call our Celebrity vacation planner, Trent, at ext. 13375.   He found us the best deal, answered all our questions, and made the reservation process so easy -- I will never go back to online booking again!

I agree this website has many issues. It somehow changed my captains club number and was showing 0 points. I had to contact them to fix that. I then went to book some shore excursions in "Cruise Planner" and it keeps sending me back to home page.  This is apparently an issue with the website that they will pass along.

My first and last time booking through their website

I agree to call Celebrity but its nice to do a mock booking and actually see what the cruise will cost and make changes as you mock book.

The point for all of us frustrated Celebrity website users is how long does it take for a company to develop a website that is somewhat user friendly?

Instead of making a comment “Just stop  using it”! Why not offer suggestions and tips to help others if you have any. Calling in may be the best option once you determine all details.