“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

On 4/11/2019 at 1:52 PM, Edgewater601 said:

Test Pilot Ryan, I have sent you an e-mail and I am not getting a response from you.  Please read and advise!

Thank you,

Connie

I got your e-mail Ryan (Test Pilot). Thank you for confirming.  I have reconfirmed all tours and am sending via e-mail detailed final instructions.  Younga seems to be getting all my e-mails so in addition to sending the details to you via e-mail, I am going to include details on both tours to her (even though she is on only one of them) just so you have a backup to get the info from her.  Look for an e-mail from me in the next 24 hours.  So if you don’t get it again, please look up Younga.  I am leaving on another cruise and will be back in time to hook up with you guys in Rome, so I wanted to get this all taken care of.  Don’t hesitate to ask questions.  I will be happy to answer even if Younga is our conduit!  Thank you again Younga!!  It will be great to meet you both!!!

Thank you Ryan!  It looks like you are having a great cruise so far!

Connie

Hi Bob.  Your photos of Shanghai are great.  I love the colorful ones of you and Betsy on the Bund at night.  We’re going to spend a few nights there in January and then again in May.  It’s a great city!!  The last time we were there, we took the high speed train to Hangzhou to see West Lake.  There were villagers in the sleek new train terminal carrying their belongings at the ends of bamboo poles—such a contrast.

Go-Bucks:  I can imagine the surprise (fright) on your faces when you got to Shanghai and the ship wasn’t there.  I didn’t want to say this a while back when the ship was delayed by fog but the 2018 World Cruise ship didn’t make it through the fog.  They had to skip Shanghai and cruise on up to Beijing (where we Beijing-Sydney segmenters were waiting).  So glad that everything worked out well for you!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

Such a nice event last night....entertained by children performing a Chinese opera in English and a mask changing dance. Huge buffet too.

On a personal note, I was just blessed with a new great grandson yesterday! I can't wait to hold him after returning home.  I also have an adorable great granddaughter. 

20190413_194740.jpg

20190413_204723.jpg

20190413_204750.jpg

20190413_204837.jpg

20190413_204949.jpg

20190413_202057.jpg

20190413_202720.jpg

20190413_221023.jpg

FB_IMG_1555170832001.jpg

Edited by Go-Bucks!
  • Like 5

Hi

Just saw this review  for the first time, as  I was following the Crystal and  HAL ATW cruise .

I spent my childhood in Flushing, graduated  from John Bowne  HS, and I find  the review to be most interesting.

I have 30 + cruises  under my  belt , none on O--and  none  more than 14  days--I am about to retire-so  this is on my bucket list.

I will need to convince  my wife to join me  or  travel  alone--which I may give serious consideration to..

Really  enjoy the depth of  this review --I am wondering after  4  + months  are  you tired  of travelling and  ready  for the journey to come to an end--I  realize  you are months  away  from conclusion  

16 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Bob,

Is that a picture of MAGLEV? If so, I assume you took a ride.

You assumed correctly!

It was very impressive...at 431 kph, the fastest I’ve ever travelled by land.

Incredible sensation...we passed cars on the parallel freeway so fast, they appeared to be going backwards.

And that was also the widest “train” I was ever on, with six seats across...three and three.😎👍

7 hours ago, markf said:

Hi

Just saw this review  for the first time, as  I was following the Crystal and  HAL ATW cruise .

I spent my childhood in Flushing, graduated  from John Bowne  HS, and I find  the review to be most interesting.

I have 30 + cruises  under my  belt , none on O--and  none  more than 14  days--I am about to retire-so  this is on my bucket list.

I will need to convince  my wife to join me  or  travel  alone--which I may give serious consideration to..

Really  enjoy the depth of  this review --I am wondering after  4  + months  are  you tired  of travelling and  ready  for the journey to come to an end--I  realize  you are months  away  from conclusion  

This was my retirement gift to myself, which I spent the last three years researching, and after three months aboard, which have flown by much too fast...I can assure you that when it ends, they’ll have to drag me off, kicking and screaming.😉😄

• Like 1

On 4/13/2019 at 4:57 PM, markf said:

I am wondering after  4  + months  are  you tired  of travelling and  ready  for the journey to come to an end

Not at all!  The weeks pass so quickly I can barely keep up... its such a wonderful experience!  The cruise is just a little over half way done, so about 3 months to go. Living on a ship for 6 months is a unique opportunity!

• Like 1

Lisa..congrats on the new sweet  cutie in your family!  Thanks for the lovely pics of the event at the Jockey Club.

Bob,  thanks for your transportation photos and great ones of  Shanghai and Hong Kong.

We've enjoyed following all of you on the ATW and the time has flown by even for us!!

Palakika

1 hour ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Not at all!  The weeks pass so quickly I can barely keep up... its such a wonderful experience!  The cruise is just a little over half way done, so about 3 months to go. Living on a ship for 6 months is a unique opportunity!

Congratulations y'all for living our dream.  Thank you for sharing this adventure with all of us at this venue.  It is a pleasure to check in with your progress every day.  You answered one of my questions.  Here is another:  How did you prepare to manage the many different currencies for this trip?  

-Katie

• Like 1