Swimming pools on Viking Ocean

zitsky

I asked Viking chat box whether or not I would be allowed to use my exercise fins in the larger pool and whether it would be deep enough.  At the depth of 4'8" they report it sounds fairly shallow for me - but many of you report depths making it hard to stand, and breathe - so maybe I will be able to do my water aerobics with my waterproof  earbuds on when there are few in the pool?  What do some of you think? Would this ruin the experience for others, or be tolerated during lower use hours?

24 minutes ago, roxeroo said:

I asked Viking chat box whether or not I would be allowed to use my exercise fins in the larger pool and whether it would be deep enough.  At the depth of 4'8" they report it sounds fairly shallow for me - but many of you report depths making it hard to stand, and breathe - so maybe I will be able to do my water aerobics with my waterproof  earbuds on when there are few in the pool?  What do some of you think? Would this ruin the experience for others, or be tolerated during lower use hours?

There are always less busy times but it’s a shared resource.  So others may want to use it at the same time.  Most people try to be polite.  

I'm a swimmer aboard cruise ships! I fondly remember the deep pools aboard the the old Dawn/Fair Princess(Fairwind/Fairsea) that were saltwater! As a swimmer I prefer colder water, once neck deep the body warms up & adjusts. The only time Viking pools ever get busy seems to me early afternoon/midday with the wading/social crowd. Everyone can have their time depending on what they use the pool for. In the morning or later afternoon us swimmers have carte blanche.

20240307_143821.jpg

9 hours ago, roxeroo said:

Infinity pool shown above (this one is deeper than 4'8"). The Pool on Deck 7 (right), which is about 2-3 times the size of the Infinity pool -- and not weather dependent; there are people who swim laps here. The pool in the Spa (left).

ew0KICAgICAgICAgICJidWNrZXQiOiAiaHR0cHM6Ly9hZW0tcHJvZC1wdWJsaXNoLnZpa2luZy5jb20iLA0KICAgICAgICAgICJr-xpYS1pbWFnZXMvcGFnZXMvbXZqL29uYm9hcmQtZXhwZXJpZW5jZS9zcGE.webp.3b820e91aebde4f6e3c357332c8a21dd.webpew0KICAgICAgICAgICJidWNrZXQiOiAiaHR0cHM6Ly9hZW0tcHJvZC1wdWJsaXNoLnZpa2luZy5jb20iLA0KICAgICAgICAgICJr-xpYS1pbWFnZXMvb2NlYW4vc2hpcHMvc2hpcC1mZWF0dXJlcy9NYWluLVB.webp.879fcc10041ba7e5eb157426faa9280e.webp

9 hours ago, roxeroo said:

but many of you report depths making it hard to stand, and breathe

They were talking about the Infinity Pool.

On 3/19/2024 at 10:48 AM, roxeroo said:

There appear to be many types of exercise fins including so I think the answer to your question would also depend upon the size of the fins.  On our December TA, I saw individuals who exercised in the pool including a person who used pool weights, but they were ensuring they did not interfere with others in the pool.  There was also an individual who had a mermaid tail who used the pool, but there were no other people in the pool when I saw her using the tail. I never heard any negative comments about her using the pool.  (Of course, that doesn't mean that there were not people who did not make the comments 😀.)

I plan on bringing my ankle swim tether (leash). You can look them up on Amazon. Fasten them to your ankles, loop the bungie through a ladder on the side of the pool and paddle away. I use them at hotel swim pools to get my exercise.

On 3/20/2024 at 10:12 PM, Hockeyump said:

What happens if someone wants to use the ladder?

It's only around one vertical bar of the ladder, but I would normally stop so they could use it safely.

24 minutes ago, odblnt said:

It's only around one vertical bar of the ladder, but I would normally stop so they could use it safely.

And there’s more than one ladder.

• Like 1