Escape - "The Waterfront"

nhquilter1

Mixed area.  Cagney's, La Cucina, Bayamo, & Moderno all have outside sections on the Waterfront.  Cellars wine bar and 5 O'Clock bar are also out there.  There is also non-restaurant seating that you can use whenever you want.

It's great- some of the dining places have outdoor seating- one of the bar's has an outdoor outpost and there are plenty of places to sit in between the venues. I liked it a lot. It can also be a good spot-less crowded for sailaway.

The waterfront was one of my favorite areas of the Escape and Breakaway.  Its quieter and more laid back than the pool deck and closer to the water.  I found it great for sail-aways, especially at the stern where you could easily see everything.  In addition to smaller crowds than the upper decks there are fewer wind-blocks, so it is easier to get good photos.

As mentioned, several restaurants and bars offer service outdoors along the waterfront.  Other areas just have chairs and couches to relax in.

• Like 1

When I want to get away from the crowds and noise during the day, I go to The Waterfront for total relaxation and peace and quiet.

Edited by barb65
Wrong word
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, AL3XCruise said:

The waterfront was one of my favorite areas of the Escape and Breakaway.  Its quieter and more laid back than the pool deck and closer to the water.  I found it great for sail-aways, especially at the stern where you could easily see everything.  In addition to smaller crowds than the upper decks there are fewer wind-blocks, so it is easier to get good photos.

As mentioned, several restaurants and bars offer service outdoors along the waterfront.  Other areas just have chairs and couches to relax in.

BirdTravels, I enjoy all of your posts! They are always so informative!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dongordon said:

What restaurants are open for lunch on the Waterfront?

On the Breakaway, Moderno had a theme lunch daily (small buffet).

I believe Moderno is on the Waterfront on the Escape.

Don:classic_rolleyes:

I *think* Pincho Tapas is the only restaurant open for lunch on the Waterfront. I *highly* recommend it, btw. I'm sailing on the Bliss next month and I am sad they don't have one. Luckily I will be back on the Escape in April.

Edited by JamieLogical

2 hours ago, etob said:

Looks like a nice place to sit and relax, is there a place to get drinks close by?

5 O'clock Somewhere and Cellars have outdoor bars there, but they aren't always open. You can always grab a Mojito from Sugarcane or something from District Brew house right inside, though.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cruiserchris613 said:

Be sure to look up on the port side to see the clear section of the waterslide and the starboard side to see "the plank".

Ha! I will certainly remember that!

2 years ago I sailed on the Disney Magic, rode the water slide not realizing half of it was clear...it was one of those "bottom drops out on you" slides which basically gave you an atomic wedgie...my girlfriends were dying of laughter when I landed...so I made them do it next!

We LOVED the Waterfront on Escape when we sailed two years ago. We loved the outside Cellars Wine Bar with Jocelyn as our server each evening.  NCL had a wine guy from Portugal who did a presentation in the Atrium and Jocelyn found his wine for me to drink at the bar. She also kept my husband's favorite bourbon in stock for us as well as making wonderful drinks for our friends. On Thursday, when my husband sat down at the bar, Jocelyn asked him, "Your usual?" A girl who was at the bar for the first time commented that it was cool to have a usual and the bartender to know you that well!

We're on the Breakaway in May. Is there an outdoor bar on the Waterfront where we can get this kind of service? 

I also loved just relaxing in the chairs and couches on the Waterfront.

24 minutes ago, GrammyLove said:

We're on the Breakaway in May. Is there an outdoor bar on the Waterfront where we can get this kind of service? 

Maltings has a full bar out on the waterfront and it opens around lunchtime. There are only ten bar stools but there is adittional table seating. This became a favorite spot of mine when we were in Bermuda in 2017. It was just lovely sitting there enjoying the view of the Royal Navy Dockyard in the afternoon.