Live Review- Symphony of the Seas 1/12/19; First Oasis Class in 7 Years!

OTownNick

Bon voyage! I'm excited to follow along! 

I LOVE the knee socks with the crocs. Gonna show this look to my hubby, maybe he'll get some fashion hints. Looks like you're a real trend-setter.

Funny how you forgot your cruise on Allure. I suppose some things are better forgotten :classic_wink:

Looking forward to virtually joining you on this voyage!  We are on a similar itinerary in May.   

I know you are not planning on the MDR for dinner, but if you could find a way to post MDR menus, that would be awesome!

Thanks!

Brad

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EeyoreRN said:

Bon voyage! I'm excited to follow along! 

I LOVE the knee socks with the crocs. Gonna show this look to my hubby, maybe he'll get some fashion hints. Looks like you're a real trend-setter.

Funny how you forgot your cruise on Allure. I suppose some things are better forgotten :classic_wink:

Without my wife, it’s not very memorable lol. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ihopfar said:

Looking forward to virtually joining you on this voyage!  We are on a similar itinerary in May.   

I know you are not planning on the MDR for dinner, but if you could find a way to post MDR menus, that would be awesome!

Thanks!

Brad

If I see some in Suites Lounge I’ll post

Lunch time in Coastal Kitchen. So far we haven’t left this place. 

Margarita And veg flat breads. Salmon. And dessert off the buffet over in the Suites Lounge area. The buffet was a day 1 only feature of a full hot lunch offering of grilled salmon pesto chicken, minute steak and more 

005481FB-AFD8-4E0B-A8A0-7DEA43FBA60D.jpeg

D8358DA1-2D08-4205-B46A-C5A6E9F7A811.jpeg

1F7525B4-4B6D-4C9F-9A3A-B3238701E942.jpeg

2435CC47-48F7-40AF-9EF7-57A60904F73A.jpeg

89F60F3E-3F81-4F33-B467-E309FFC1824F.jpeg

Edited by OTownNick
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, OTownNick said:

Bodden Tours in Roatan takes us to West Bay Beach where there’s supposed to be great snorkeling. 

We did Boddens Tour in August and they took us to Bananarama on West Bay beach.  I have to say that we were not that impressed and ended up leaving early since we did the private tour option.  The day we were there it was just way too crowded for out liking even with just 2 ships in port that day.  There were many locals walking up and down trying to sell their goods or food, as well as snorkeling excursions via boat.  Just got to be obnoxious after a while.   The water was kinda murky and you wouldnt really see anything right off the beach there.  However, I do remember reading that if you go up the beach a ways that the snorkeling would be better, so you may want to keep that in mind.  

I follow you on Periscope also so I’m looking forward to this week!!! Have a wonderful cruise.

Julie 

• Like 1

This was my very first experience on Oasis Class with afternoon access to the Suites Lounge and Coastal Kitchen.  It was gorgeous and they started serving free beer, wine, champagne or soft drinks about 11. 

They had a hot buffet in the Suites Lounge with a full spread of salmon, pesto chicken, minute steak, etc and beautiful desserts. They said this hot buffet for lunch is only offered on Day 1. The rest of the days it’s light snacks. 

We opted for the lunch menu at Coastal Kitchen. Loved the flatbreads especially. The crust was nice and crispy as it’s supposed to be. 

After a lazy relaxing afternoon drinking and eating in the Suites Lounge and Coastal I wandered over to rhe El Loco Fresh and it looks like we will be trying that for lunch one day. 

Tonight we have ave plans for happy hour and dinner in the Suites area and the improv comedy show at 10:45. I’m glad my wife took a 90 minute nap today while I went to our informal meet and Mingle at 2:00. Lunch pics are attached 

i also want to check out the Solarium at night and see how beautiful it is with all those colors at night. 

81893158-60FA-4DC8-BAFE-D3F747403D89.jpeg

01E03E0C-B165-4660-B751-AA118ECA2E3D.jpeg

902DEEF1-A86C-4175-9DD8-FAD0221DCA0D.jpeg

223EFAA8-7D09-42A2-AAC1-9B59513B4CB3.jpeg

4 minutes ago, tropiclvrs said:

I forgot to mention that if you’re doing the private tour option ask them to take you to the rum tasting shop.  The rum cakes were really good!!!

Doing the Fun and Sun tour. I mainly want to hug a sloth lol. 

Does the Solarium Bistro have any vegetarian options for lunch/dinner that anyone has seen? I’ve seen pics of a lot of seafood and meat but not much for vegetarians. Trying to see if it’s worth a visit to avoid the windjammer in embark day. That place is crazy when getting on but they do have a large selection of vegetarian items. Thanks 

2 minutes ago, 37645 said:

Does the Solarium Bistro have any vegetarian options for lunch/dinner that anyone has seen? I’ve seen pics of a lot of seafood and meat but not much for vegetarians. Trying to see if it’s worth a visit to avoid the windjammer in embark day. That place is crazy when getting on but they do have a large selection of vegetarian items. Thanks 

I will definitely check it out and let you know. You already know about the veg curry dish option every night in the MDR....

So far first impressions from my limited wandering of the ship- elegant. Reminded my of Anthem decor. What I was expecting. Lots more to see and I already noticed the detailed and unique art work around the ship is awesome. 

My wife’s first impression - “it’s a very elegant ship and there’s just so much to see”

When we were on Liberty, they offered kids cupcake decorating in addition to the adult courses.   If you happen to see anything advertised for this kids course - can you share it here?

i realize this is a completely crazy request and not in any circle that you might be in -  but if you see anything I would really appreciate it!