Flights by Celebrity-New Option

johhnnyt

On 1/10/2019 at 10:13 PM, johhnnyt said:

Flights by Celebrity works almost like many Frequent Flyer programs do 10-11 months out they offer the best fares, as you get closer to the departure date, those less expensive fares are gone

23 hours ago, jagoffee said:

You might want to give Mr. Johhnnyt a break.

He was generous enough to post some interesting  new information concerning Celebrity Air.  Just intending to help some of us.

Yes he was.  But in the process of providing info about Celebrity Air he stated something (quoted above) about FF tickets that was just plain wrong.  Wrong information doesn't help anybody so I clarified.   He responded to me by again stating incorrect information so I clarified, again.  Have a great day!

7 minutes ago, waterbug123 said:

Thanks, that why I said "almost like", every program is different and has its own nuances,.

Thanks Jagoffee, It didn't bother me,  everyone is entitled to an opinion, and hopefully at times we all gather new information and modify some from discussions on here

Yes he was.  But in the process of providing info about Celebrity Air he stated something (quoted above) about FF tickets that was just plain wrong.  Wrong informat

23 hours ago, jagoffee said:

You might want to give Mr. Johhnnyt a break.

He was generous enough to post some interesting  new information concerning Celebrity Air.  Just intending to help some of us.

And yes, the miles award models have been changing for a lot of the airlines.

ion doesn't help anybody so I clarified.   He responded to me by again stating incorrect information so I clarified, again.  Have a great day!

Glad I found this thread. My family is booked on the Iceland & Greenland transatlantic in August, 2020. I had planned on booking our return flight from Dublin using Flights by Celebrity, and it's great to know that I can and should book 9-10 months out for the best rates. (though I'll probably start checking closer to 11 months out -- per the "Travel Arrangements" part of my reservation info, I see flights can be booked 330 days before departure)

It's even better to know that now I can make that booking 10 or 11 months out, get the best rate, and then not have to worry about paying it until final payment date!

I'm curious -- I booked the cruise through my travel agent. Will this show up as part of my reservation with him once booked? And do I need him to make that booking, or can I do it myself like I do with Cruise Planner purchases? If I do it myself, I'll be able to include my children who are on a linked reservation, right?

And related to that -- I like to make monthly payments towards the cruise payoff. Can I do that with this deferred payment option on the flight, or does that have to be paid in a lump sum? I read what I could find on the program on Celebrity's site, but they didn't have any details like that.

Sorry for the load of questions, but this is my first transatlantic trip and first time ever booking an international flight through a service like this. I'm used to just domestic flights, and booking it myself through the airline's web site or a site like Kayak or Expedia.

On 1/10/2019 at 4:00 PM, johhnnyt said:
FYI Flights by Celebrity- I did make my air reservations today by telephone (the website gives you incorrect much higher pricing) for the EDGE TA in Nov 1st 2019
$1081 for business class on Delta nonstop flight on October 29th JFK---->FCO (also tried on Kayak and lowest air for biz class on a main stream airline was ~$3000)
Also was told that they have a new program where you can book your air now at the rate you want, but don't have to pay until your final payment is due for the sailing.

Interesting

Was it a refundable airfare?

We booked Biz class with Air/Celebrity and had to pay in full at the time of purchase... 6 months out.

Did it online. 

Never occurred to me that the fares via speaking with someone vs the website would differ

Thanks for the tip. Will try calling to check for the next one.

$1081 for biz JFK-FCO is a great fare

13 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Interesting

Was it a refundable airfare?

We booked Biz class with Air/Celebrity and had to pay in full at the time of purchase... 6 months out.

Did it online. 

Never occurred to me that the fares via speaking with someone vs the website would differ

Thanks for the tip. Will try calling to check for the next one.

$1081 for biz JFK-FCO is a great fare

Was a refundable (refundable with $200 fee)

From what I was told this was a VERY recent change (able to pay at final payment for cruise date)

Normally I would do it online,but have been getting same fare for same 6 different airlines for this route (tried it 3x over a period of a month) and that made no sense since the airlines were different alliances ($2451 for biz) , and a friend who ran into same issue suggested calling them.

Agree was thrilled with $1081 for a lie flat sleeper seat on Delta