different rooms, MDR reservation

gepgelmik

Hi folks!

I'm cruising with family on the Anthem in March. I cruised with family on the same ship in 2016, and twice since then on the same ship, but solo. The first trip the travel agent was able to book us all for dynamic, so no problem.  But now the format has changed and the website is all glitchy...

We're trying to figure out how to eat dinner together in the MDR and specialty dining and book excursions together. We have two rooms that have My Time Dining, and one that was able to get traditional. We've tried to add each other to reservations on the Cruise Planner for excursions and specialty dining and the MDR, but it keeps saying the reservation number isn't available (even after everyone but one person logs out of their account). Is this not possible or another website glitch?  We aren't so concerned about being able to book excursions together, but worried that not being able to do MDR reservations together might cause long waits in line (there are 6 of us total). No big deal for the adults, but problematic for the kids, esp as one is diabetic.

Any tips? What are we doing wrong?

Edited by gepgelmik

You can't add people with traditional dining to a MTD reservation.  Whoever booked that (TA or Royal) would need to change that reservation to MTD.   The people with Traditional dining will likely be turned away from the MTD room unless you get this fixed.  As Bob suggested linking should help, although we didn't have any problem adding people to a booking without linking.  When you add people to an excursion (or specialty restaurant) you will be paying in advance for the entire party.

Thanks for your suggestions everyone.

in terms of dining together in the MDR:

What does linking the reservations do? I’m pretty annoyed now because it seems as if our travel agent should have known it was problematic to assign our dining this way. 

What will happen if we just turn up and ask to be seated together? I’m assuming they’d put us in the MTD room.

In terms of other reservations:

I was able to add people from another reservation to a sushi lesson a month or so ago, so I don’t get why it won’t work for specialty dining and excursions now. We also tried reserving shows together but ended up doing it separately as we keep getting the message saying reservation not available. 

3 minutes ago, gepgelmik said:

... What will happen if we just turn up and ask to be seated together? I’m assuming they’d put us in the MTD room. ...

Those in traditional cannot go to MTD.  Those in MTD cannot go to traditional.

If you cannot get this fixed before the cruise, then go to the dining room as soon as you board and make the changes there.

This was my experience with Royal Caribbean and linking Anthem reservations. I was able to link 3 reservations together on 2 or our cruise planners. The third reservation is a solo and we are guiding the way for that person. After I linked the reservations together I attempted to book MTD for all three. We all have MTD . It would only let me book each reservation individually even though I had access to all 3 on my cruise planner.  I called Royal Caribbean to try to link the reservations and was transferred 3 times because basically the first two said it ain't my job. Each time I waited on hold. By the third time on hold I just gave up and kept each dining reservation separate. All are reserved at 6:00. So as it stands I figure I have 3 tables reserved for 6:00 for 9 nights instead of one table for 5. I will try closer to the sail date to see if they can link them. If not I will just deal with it on board. I was told that all three parties had to be on the line and give permission to be linked. They are such idiots. As it stands now I can make purchases of excursions, drink packages, and any other on board experience for any of the 3 reservations just by signing in to my planner. We just can't be sure that we will be together at the same restaurant or excrusion.