Thomas Cook and Condor Flugdienst Airlines

debnjoe1438

What are you specifically looking to learn?

Both are part of the Thomas Cook group, and are focused on leisure destinations.  Although they may offer a lower priced ticket, be aware of other fees and ticket restrictions.  And know that they pack in the seats.

19 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

What are you specifically looking to learn?

Both are part of the Thomas Cook group, and are focused on leisure destinations.  Although they may offer a lower priced ticket, be aware of other fees and ticket restrictions.  And know that they pack in the seats.

Thanks, I did notice when trying to do a dummy booking they only allowed one checked bag. I did not see where you could pay to get a second.  Do you know if  they financially more stable than Norwegian Air?

We took Thomas Cook airlines from MCO to Glasgow and back in  2017.  They are restrictive about baggage (1 checked) and food and drink served on the plane.  Dinner was a usual airline dinner with either 1 hot or 1 cold drink.  Before that snacks and drinks were offered for a price-no free drinks except with dinner and breakfast (just okay).  I knew about that so made do but I did not know the seats do not recline-I had a backache for 2 days afterwards.  DH got the tickets because it was a non-stop 8 hour flight not because of the price which was not way less than some 1 stops.  I made sure to eat a big breakfast and bring water on the return flight.  Not sure I would use them again but they seemed stable at the time and left and returned on time.

9 hours ago, tvmovielover said:

We took Thomas Cook airlines from MCO to Glasgow and back in  2017.  They are restrictive about baggage (1 checked) and food and drink served on the plane.  Dinner was a usual airline dinner with either 1 hot or 1 cold drink.  Before that snacks and drinks were offered for a price-no free drinks except with dinner and breakfast (just okay).  I knew about that so made do but I did not know the seats do not recline-I had a backache for 2 days afterwards.  DH got the tickets because it was a non-stop 8 hour flight not because of the price which was not way less than some 1 stops.  I made sure to eat a big breakfast and bring water on the return flight.  Not sure I would use them again but they seemed stable at the time and left and returned on time.

Thank you, were the "non reclining" seats in premium economy?

12 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

IIRC, Cook is has only one class - misery economy.

There web site say's they have premium economy. Maybe this was just added in the last few months. (or false advertising) They have a separate price for this too. I don't like the 1 checked bag only. Thanks for all your information.

4 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Condor has a premium product.  TCA and Condor are two separate operations.  And you don't seem to clarify which you are talking about.

My apologies, actually talking about both. I went on the "Condor Flugdienst Airlines:" web site to check flights and prices and it gave me flights for Thomas Cook.  Go Figure..... the websites (that I found) for both look the same, except for the name of the airline.  

I'm still hoping for United Air to have something compatible to my time and points. Other wise I may gamble on Norwegian Air. Got a little time TA cruise is not until October.

On 1/12/2019 at 3:14 PM, debnjoe1438 said:

Got a little time TA cruise is not until October.

Don't forget to check with the cruise line if you haven't already.  One-way TA flights seem to be are a category where cruise air is often (but not always) better than what you can find yourself if you are purchasing a ticket (that is, you are not using miles).

3 hours ago, babysteps said:

Don't forget to check with the cruise line if you haven't already.  One-way TA flights seem to be are a category where cruise air is often (but not always) better than what you can find yourself if you are purchasing a ticket (that is, you are not using miles).

I'm going to assume you chose to use the word "better" rather than the more accurate "cheaper".

Big difference between those two words.  Unless, in your mind, "cheaper" is a synonym for "better" (in which case, we have little common ground to operate from).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, babysteps said:

Well, I did call my cruise line for air prices. I can't say if the price is "better" or "cheaper" than any other. They gave me a price per person $1000.00. I don't know the airline and more than likely this is an economy/coach price. I was told I would find out what the airline and times are 90 days prior to traveling, and the airline would be a major carrier. I passed on this option. If at 90 days prior I still have not booked something, I'll call again.

11 hours ago, debnjoe1438 said:

Well, I did call my cruise line for air prices. I can't say if the price is "better" or "cheaper" than any other. They gave me a price per person $1000.00. I don't know the airline and more than likely this is an economy/coach price. I was told I would find out what the airline and times are 90 days prior to traveling, and the airline would be a major carrier. I passed on this option. If at 90 days prior I still have not booked something, I'll call again.

The $1000 you saw may well be a cheaper price, but likely is not a better flight.   If they aren't giving you flight details yet, it's because they aren't actually buying your ticket yet so you have no idea what you'd get.  I'd pass too- You could easily end up with awful flight times, multiple connections, tight connections, etc.   That's a perfect example of "cheaper" not being 'better!"

On 1/10/2019 at 6:08 PM, debnjoe1438 said:

Thanks, I did notice when trying to do a dummy booking they only allowed one checked bag. I did not see where you could pay to get a second.  Do you know if  they financially more stable than Norwegian Air?

Simple answer is yes.  

They are part of a massive travel empire called Thomas Cook Group found back in the 1800s.  They own travel agencies and airlines.  Most under their own name.

What makes them different from other airlines; is other airlines are focused on moving a broad mix of passengers including business travels etc. between destinations.  

These guys focus is on vacations and going to vacation destinations.  They probably decided to fly that route to support selling Florida vacations to people in Denmark/Sweden and are happy if they pickup some passengers that want to go the other way on the side.

Edited by em-sk

3 hours ago, em-sk said:

Simple answer is yes.  

They are part of a massive travel empire called Thomas Cook Group found back in the 1800s.  They own travel agencies and airlines.  Most under their own name.

What makes them different from other airlines; is other airlines are focused on moving a broad mix of passengers including business travels etc. between destinations.  

These guys focus is on vacations and going to vacation destinations.  They probably decided to fly that route to support selling Florida vacations to people in Denmark/Sweden and are happy if they pickup some passengers that want to go the other way on the side.

Thanks for the information, much appreciated.