Buying a litre bottle of liquor from room service?

fann1sh

Years ago, this was possible - letting pax  pour their own drinks in their cabin.

But, that was before beverage packages!

Could anyone confirm if it is / is not still possible ?   Many thanks in advance. 

I think this link will help... Not a great selection on the rums, but it give you an idea on pricing. And since I'm guessing you're from Canada (the litre was my hint), a reminder these prices are in USD

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Spirits-and-Beer-for-Stateroom.pdf

I hope posting the link isn't against rules... That site has a TON of great info / menus...

• Like 1

If you look at "My Bookings" for your cruise on the HAL web site you will see the liquor selection and prices under (get this)  "Cruise Activities"!

They run about $50-75 a liter for the usual stuff (Bombay Sapphire, Jim Beam, Jack Daniels, and the like).

I purchased a bottle of Bacardi for our 15 day cruise in October 2018; $46 for a liter bottle.  It lasted the entire cruise; I brought on a 6-pack of Coke (bottles), and occasionally brought orange juice back to the stateroom too.  It worked out really well -- I managed (with help!) to finish the bottle before the end of the cruise . . . 

Since I prefer single malt scotch which is not offered on that list, I recently ordered a bottle via Guest Services while on the Koningsdam. After a short but fairly amusing mix up, a Room Service person delivered a bottle of Glenfiddich to our cabin. They obtained it from one of the bars. Since the K was going into drydock after our cruise, Guest Services had to ascertain the availability of various products from the beverage gang before they could commit to my request.

It was $84 USD, including the 15% service charge, but since I am also Canadian...that ultimately translated into a somewhat higher tariff. Worth every $ though.

• Like 1

Rum starts at $36 (Meyers) and Bacardi is around $42-46. We just ordered a bottle of Meyers Rum for our Oosterdam cruise in Feb. If you go to the HAL website and log in, you will see Already Booked. Click on that and you will see a number of things you can order ahead of time which we always do.....order liquor, make Pinnacle Grill reservations, make spa reservations. You can also buy excursions.