Central Park BALCONY Questions

Thank you and we will arrive early for the muster station to get my father in law a seat to sit.  I think I am going to be pleasantly surprised with the Central Park balcony, perhaps never get the Oceanview balcony on this class of ship again?:classic_tongue:

We've stayed on deck 11 and deck 12 not too far from elevators. No problems and we booked again for the 1/27 Oasis sailing on deck 11.

Privacy not an issue - close the curtains!

No noise. We can hear the music from pool deck during the day if out on the balcony. Door seals were good in our cabins.

We don't use balcony much anyway so it suits us. Perks and lower price are a good value for us.

T

• Like 1

Thanks, we also don't use the balcony, the past year we been on the Oasis three times and had JS and never used the balcony more than 20 minutes on each cruise and it was a nice huge balcony too.  I think we will use the Central Park balcony since we can people watch and we like to sit in Central Park, now we don't have to find a seat to sit there we have our balcony.  I think we are going to like it more than Oceanview balcony.

3 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Thanks, we also don't use the balcony, the past year we been on the Oasis three times and had JS and never used the balcony more than 20 minutes on each cruise and it was a nice huge balcony too.  I think we will use the Central Park balcony since we can people watch and we like to sit in Central Park, now we don't have to find a seat to sit there we have our balcony.  I think we are going to like it more than Oceanview balcony.

You have similar likes as we do. Some folks really like sitting on the balcony looking at the ocean but we prefer to people watch so CP's are better for us. We haven't tried Boardwalk but I've read that, depending where they are, they can be quite loud. On the other hand some of them have nice views of the aqua show. Nice to have a choice.

• Like 1

Starry Eyes would that mean the ones with bad door seals the cabin be warmer as the ac leaks out?

2Chiefs- My sister/brother in law had the boardwalk cabin, they said it was very noisey from the performers practicing in aqua theatre and the movie screen plus the general noise from boardwalk, they were on deck 12 and said they never get a boardwalk again.

We just got off the Oasis cruise yesterday. We had 4 Central Park Balcony rooms. My family was on the Starboard side (room numbers 11647, 45, 49) and their muster area was Deck 5,  E05. By the Champagne Bar. I was on Deck 12 (12249, Port side) and my muster was E04, Deck 5 Promenade in the Guest Services area.

I felt Deck 12 was ALWAYS cool, comfortable, and smelled good in the hallways. My room was always nice and chilly, never warm. Deck 11 was warm, slightly musty smelling, and their rooms were warm. Could have been an A/C malfunction, but the dials were all set about the same temp. as mine.

Showers were FABULOUS. Great pressure. Always had hot water and the bathroom smelled good. No sewer gas smell creeping up through the drains.

Edited by CruiszBug

I am not one for  Central park balconies or boardwalk balconies. Absolutely zero privacy. Can’t even lay in bed with curtains open without people seeing you. Feel like I am in an open apartment complex. With very few areas to see the ocean on oasis class a ocean view balcony is the only way to go. I can say, I too hardly use my balcony but the curtains are open all day for me to see the beautiful water even while resting in bed. I love sitting on balcony on days we pull into port though. Never have to even take my pjs off. All the privacy in the world. 

Cruizbug- I was on the Harmony when she first came out and I do recall the water getting very hot and the pressure in the shower to be very good.  Now, you got me worried about the rooms on deck 11 being warm.....my room is port side, question did anybody keep the balcony door open?

Renza- Privacy its ok, I keep the curtains drawn anyways to keep the cabin cool. I also chose my room to have the bed by the bathroom so that will help.  I been on 89 cruises so far and 90% of the time were balcony cabins Oceanview, and I just got bored seeing the ocean, so really think Central Park suit us very well this time.  The last four cruises I taken always ended up on port side and not once did the Oasis dock port side it was always starboard, otherwise maybe we would of used the balcony more to sit and watch when docked at port.  I appreciate your feedback and do agree the privacy issue is a big thing when you have Central Park and boardwalk balconies, but I always keep the curtains drawn, my main problem now is a bit worried that the cabin be too warm. Maybe I need to put up another post yikes lol

I think you will be fine with room temperature if blinds are closed. If not tell maintenance. We had a problem with our cabin on anthem last year and our kids room next door was nice and cold. Maintenance came and fixed it. 

From 2 Professional Cruisers. No not My Hubby nor I, Our Granddaughters who said Nana the cabin we had on the Oasis was not as good as the others. No water. Those two have been on 4 cruises so far with us. Just saying,, its a nice place to be. Limited noise. no drama. Just a balcony with no real view. Make sense?

Regarding privacy, it's not much of an issue during the daytime -- the interior is dark in contrast to the bright sunlight, so you really can't see INTO the rooms much at all. 

At night, if there are lots of lights on inside the room, then it's more like a television set for the folks across the way, but during the daytime it's quite difficult to see much inside someone else's room, IME.

Here are some random pics off the internet to give you an idea of what I'm talking about...

DSC_0108.jpgcentral-park-vs-boardwalk-differences.jp

WEBoasisday3+%252820+of+48%2529.jpg

DSC01882-vi.jpg

These next couple are obviously Boardwalk rather than Central Park, but you get the idea:
central-park-vs-boardwalk-hero.jpg

Oasis_Boardwalk_Balcony_Cabin_3205-56a1f

maxresdefault.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

Edited by brillohead
added photos
  • Like 1

Cruised on Oasis in a CPB in April (deck 11).  Our room was plenty cool enough - just make sure the balcony door is latched and you keep the heavy curtain closed during the day when the sun is coming in (as is the case with balcony cabins).   Hallways were not too warm, no odd "smells".  Being out on the balcony during the day, I could not see into the rooms across the way.  At night you can see into rooms if the lights are on and the curtains are not drawn.  Just turn off the cabin lights and you'll be fine.  You can hear the pool music during the day, but it's very marginal inside the cabin with the door latched.  The pool music usually ends around dinnertime.  CP is lovely at night with the live music below.  If not being able to see the ocean from your balcony isn't a big deal, CPB's are great (& cheaper) alternatives! 

Brillohead LOL you gave me a good laugh for the day your name and the Brillo box photo as your avatar lol Thank you so very much for those wonderful photos, surely I see, there will be no privacy issues as we keep the curtains closed when we are out of the room and when changing clothes.  I think its a nice place to sit when waking up.

Momofmab-  Music, I actually would love to hear music while sitting out on the balcony.  We never use the Oceanview balconies just nothing much to see other than water so I think we will actually make use of the Central Park balcony, seeing people walking and going about and hearing the birds and crickets and such be nice.  After dinner, my elderly father in law likes to go back to his cabin, he can sit outside and listen to the music there, he will like that.  

We just want to try the Central Park balcony in hopes we actually get use out of having the balcony this time.

50 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Brillohead LOL you gave me a good laugh for the day your name and the Brillo box photo as your avatar lol Thank you so very much for those wonderful photos, surely I see, there will be no privacy issues as we keep the curtains closed when we are out of the room and when changing clothes.  I think its a nice place to sit when waking up.

My naturally curly reddish hair is the inspiration for my username... particularly in the Caribbean humidity, my hair looks like a rusted out Brillo pad, therefore brillohead!  LOL

We are trying the Central Park balcony for the same reasons. We have always had ocean view or ocean front balconies on our other cruises and do enjoy sitting on the balcony at times but also agree that it will be fun to try the CP balcony,  especially since I don't think they are available on any other cruise line. Always fun to try something new.

We are trying an accessible CP balcony cabin on Symphony in April with my DD with MS.  There will be three of us.  We usually have accessible with balcony.  We decided to try this cabin since it was reasonably priced.  Looking forward to the balcony, coffee in the am and wine in the pm on the balcony sounds awesome with a little music!